Hire people to hand out flyers?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Amazin, Nov 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amazin

Amazin Member

Anyone here has done it? I can potentially put an advert out on gumtree to find a student or someone looking for part time work to hand them out for me on the street.

Perhaps you're wondering why don't I just put them through the letter box, I think if I give the person a bib that says "window cleaning" then it will filter out the none home owners. The moment they can see its for window cleaning they can decide if they want to take it or not.

what do you think?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I reckon you're over thinking it. Just post lots, and keep your phone and a note pad on you at all times ready for the calls when they come in. Simple.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

iv paid lads / lasses / even old crocks , to leaflet for me and i can tell you need to be on their case or theyll cut corners . HOWEVER long as youre on their case , checking, it can work out very well. never ask anyone to leaflet more than 4 hours in 1 day or skiving will happen .
    a good way to check is to give the leafleter a street map in which they have to colour in each road on the map with hi-lighter pen AFTER theyve done it.

telltale signs of cheating are handing over an "impressively" coloured in map ,no gaps, as is hearing "every leaflets gone-arent i wonderful" "when can i do it again ,? im raring to go ... "

a genuine map is full of half coloured in roads and theyre more concerned about blisters than doing it again

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. TolishAPurd

So true^. And a good reason to do it yourself first to get a good feel for it and see how you feel. Like boar says, any more than 4 hours absolutely sucks. In fact if you are moving quickly, 2 hrs sucks aswell. Make them carry a bag with leaflets too or like that lad I had doing it, he would get to the end of the pile and then call me :rolleyes: So he's sat on his **** waiting for me to give him more leaflets while I'm half way through a house.

5. padman

padman Active Member

I always found dropping them off and collecting them in 3hr sessions was about the max you can expect. Fit buggers can do 1/2 day but I always drop them off away from where they live haha and collect them after a set time.

You will go through a few people before you actually get a good un advertising on Gumtree. Most of them i have found where unless.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have hired a few off the Gumtree over the last couple of years.

I go for 3 each time and I have two do one street whilst myself and the third do the next street then we take two minutes to walk back to the car whilst the have a smoke, then I switch it up and take on of the two with me and send the other two down the next street.

I got chin wagging with a pro leaflet dropper just last week, he does all the local restaurants, taxis etc. He showed me a 'GPS DONGLE' on his necklace, he says if he has to question where any of his staff were at any time he just opens the GPS software and it pulls up a real time map of not only where his staff are right now but where they have been in the past 12 hours. Pretty neat.

I don't know why you want to only target 'home owners' I would say at least half of my clients only rent, They still want a clean house however.

7. Jacob

Jacob Guest

i have used a pro leaflet company and the money well spent they delivred a whole city in 2 weeks, that would have taken me 3 months, they where expencive but thinking of hiring again to do a new city, much less hassle than doing by my self.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Here in Nottingham Jacob we have 1 estate that is 18'000 houses on it's own, I'd hate to think how much it would cost to print the flyers for the whole of the city :p

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The main city near me is london lol
    May take a bit longer than 3 months
    My town has over 50.000 houses

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Yeah that's a town of 50'000 houses Davey. Now pay attention. I said 1 ESTATE (not the town) has 18'000 3 bed semis.

After WW11 it was the largest social housing project in the world bar none. Called the Clifton Estate in case you're interested. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement