Hire your own canvasser?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Amazin, Sep 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amazin

Amazin Member

Would that be a good idea? If so, where can i advertise it? Im thinking paying that person x2 amount whatever the job is worth

Advertisement
  2. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I have considered this, the main issue I have is that a bad canvasser can badly damage your reputation.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

So true Diwrnach. My locale is often swarming with gangs of spotty youths, battering each other with clipboards while shouting obscenities in between the odd, 'Kneeda winna clinner mate/ darlin?' Even if i fail to see them i know they've been, by the amount of phlegm left up the the pavement. Not really what you want is it Then there's their failure to consider the logistics of the job they've just called at. Best do it yourself i say. My phlegm is as good as any man's !
    As it happens, now this is a first for me, a couple of months back i attempted to contact two canvassing firms ( no names ) who are quite highly rated. This was via their very own website contact forms.Well......i've heard nothing back in reply, so that makes me £5,000 better off. I must have had a lazy period. To hell with 'em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I actually have a company coming in a few weeks, I just don't have time spare to canvas.

5. Leicester24

Leicester24 Member

Have you paid a deposit to the canvassing company

Are they trading as a Ltd company

Have they got a business address ?

What I'm trying to get at is do you know who you passed your deposit money to ?

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Honestly its a little bit of a punt but they have been used by a few others on the forum with good success.

7. Leicester24

Leicester24 Member

So did they just give you some account numbers to pay some money into ?

What's the name of the person who you paid the money to and who will be canvassing for you

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

You actually want to know or want to know if I know? I do indeed, there is a thread where we talk about this and who we are using etc

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

10. Leicester24

Leicester24 Member

Thanks

I appreciate they have been discussed briefly and they advertise on eBay etc.

But what are the specifics as they seem to be a bit vague

What's the name of the person who is offering the canvassing service.... I don't see why the name and address details are not readily available ?

I suppose it can just make people a little suspicious about people asking for monies up front when they don't show a business address or personal name. I tried calling them a few times today on the number on their website but it always goes through to a bit of a strange answering service ?

Cheers

Advertisement