Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking To Expand

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scotty_boy

evening all just really after opinions i have just set up in wfp to add along side my powerwashing and valeting business and have been over whelmed with my customers wanting me to clean there windows too.

Now my wife's brother is struggling a bit for work and i was thinking in my head that if i bought a little van and kit it out for wfp and solar panel cleaning i could employ him on a self employed basis and he work for me doing wfp and i could carry on with my work and make a bit more money in the long run.

or i could rent him the business for a fee every week and it be up to him to find the work to run the business and just pay me almost like a franchise fee idea.

Also currently dont have the funds would have to borrow the money so is a big gamble any ideas/imput would be great.

Until you cannot physically do any more work, and have exhausted all options then look at the plan.

Thats my opinion.

i cant do any more work my self currently cant take on any more work and cant see work going to waste especially if i can do something about it.

am currently using a trolley system and thats what i was thinking for him to use he does have a car but he shares with his girlfriend so its not always available it also then means would have to pay his fuel and wear and tear aswell as a wage instead of just having my own.

i cant do any more work my self currently cant take on any more work and cant see work going to waste especially if i can do something about it.
Go for it then.

Cheap van with a tank and trolley system and away you go.

evening all just really after opinions i have just set up in wfp to add along side my powerwashing and valeting business and have been over whelmed with my customers wanting me to clean there windows too.

Now my wife's brother is struggling a bit for work and i was thinking in my head that if i bought a little van and kit it out for wfp and solar panel cleaning i could employ him on a self employed basis and he work for me doing wfp and i could carry on with my work and make a bit more money in the long run.

or i could rent him the business for a fee every week and it be up to him to find the work to run the business and just pay me almost like a franchise fee idea.

Also currently dont have the funds would have to borrow the money so is a big gamble any ideas/imput would be great.
first rule of business.

NEVER BORROW MONEY TO SET SOMEONE ELSE UP...

if u dont have the cash then dont do it. vans cost money for upkeep. u could set him up and van could blow up. exshust could fall off. window cleaning trolly nicked.....

the list goes on.

before putting other vans on the road u should be making plenty of money yourself. if your not then theres somethink wrong...........

just my opiion. but your tread dont read true.....

I turn down window cleaning work every week; I don’t have a problem with that. If you just want more money raise your prices, you will quickly learn when to turn down work.

Richard

can't you 2 man your van, for a while atleast.

that way you can see if he wants to do it full time, also most of the kit can be transfered to another van when ready.

I have a van setup and my round is almost full. I am going to look at getting a 2 man setup sorted out in the next 3 or 4 months and go from there. Better to have 1 van and 2 guys doing it. you have more control of your own business.

Latest Posts

Back