Hit rate flyers

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Ryan, Jul 24, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

OK i know this will differ hugely depending on areas ect

but can people post up how many flyers you post in a week/month and how many people get back to you.

just after a few ideas really and know this wont reflect on what i will get

ryan

Advertisement
  2. I post about 200 a week and get about 6 responses straigh off and from those jobs double that in referrals.

3. A.K WINDOWS

ive just set up my own garden and window cleaning bussiness ive had cards for the garden and flyers for the window cleaning done the garden side has taken off realy well bu the window side is very slow indeed ive put nearly 500 out and had only 3 calls??i tried knocking on doors but that was a waste and got abused tobehonest lol.

i will keep trying this way but it seems that no one wants a window cleaner or they dont want to pay even though im charging a cheap price under the pound a window quote anyway,a guy neary had a heart attack other day when he asked how much i said fiver mate he went white??lol this is in LEEDS were i live not good so far.

4. Catherine

Catherine Guest

I think the return is normally around 2%.

I have been phoning Manchester and compared to down south its been very difficult getting appointments. probably compe***ion and saturatiion, I have found it alot different though, lot tougher.

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

Which parts of Manchester have you tried Catherine.there are some areas that are saturated and prices are low and other areas where you can charge double because windies are like Rocking horse poo.I find with canvassing your on the back foot as your asking them for work as opposed to them ringing or coming out and asking you.

6. kars

kars Guest

Thats a good point nearly clean. Not one iwould have thought of tbh:-/

7. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Hi yea, central Manchester. Just funny how areas differ, another area I was working on yesterday 4 apps in a couple of hours. Its just proactive sales, rather than reactive, its just prodding about really, sometimes you can turnover some interesting things. It is high volume calling tho, around 20/25 calls an hour.

8. Ken

Ken Guest

As I've said in other threads, I don't leaflet.
    It works to knock on doors round here.

9. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Hi Ken,

I just deal with commercial.

Sorry if I didnt make that clear. I have been toying with the idea of telesales for domestic, but the data is soooo dear. Yes absolutely though I do believe door knocking and leafleting works, its just following up leaflets that would be a good idea, which either means knocking a few days later or making a call.

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

I think you would have to make a lot of calls with domestic to generate even a few hundred pounds worth of work.Have you tried Trafford Park and Salford quays and what do you do with the leads,sell them on or do companies employ you to generate leads.

Advertisement