Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public Liability - anyone ever had to claim?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alien Human

........no Frank hasn't been working with me recently.....

But I renewed my cover yesterday and was wondering if anyone has ever had to claim?

& how was the process / were you successful?

I am covered by AXA.

I could imagine if you broke a small TV they would pay out immediatly, but if you dropped your ladder on a porsche they would do everything in thier power not to pay out.

Hi @Alien Human, saw this thread and thought I'd check in with our Claims Coordinator to give you a good answer! Here's what she said:

"As there are many different reasons to make a PL claim, no two are the same. But each customer will follow the main points below:

A customer must notify us of a claim as soon as possible (late notification can prejudice the claim), speaking to one of our dedicated liability handlers who will request details of the incident and any other evidence that may be useful to their investigations (health & safety assessments, PPE, photographs, statements ect). Once this is received the handler will make either an admission or denial of liability on the customers behalf.

Although the customer will be updated throughout the claim, the handler will act on behalf of the customer so they won't have to deal with any third party solicitors or claimants."

So essentially, if you do have a claimable event (fingers crossed you won't), report it asap and provide as much evidence as possible to assist the case!

Hope that helps? /emoticons/smile.png

Back