hmmm...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cheapncheerful, Apr 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cheapncheerful

new job just in...

I was hoping to get a quote for regular window cleaning. I'm in Elworth, on what used to be the Kwiksave estate (I don't really know what to call it now) - the houses with the white downstairs and brick upstairs. All pretty normal, there is a little lean-to with windows on the back

hmmm?????

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

what does hmmmm mean?:confused:

3. TolishAPurd

Not sure whats going on here lol. :D

4. laddergarder

If you cover that area, just tell them you need to see the windows first before quoting. Send your details and we will come by and have a look.

5. cheapncheerful

it means i aint gotta a clue.....

6. cheapncheerful

yes but some times the cost of the petrol and the time to go and look and the possible amount they expect you to do it for doesn't add up....so i guessed and gave a price of £6...don't know what will come back....

7. laddergarder

I wouldn't recommend doing that allot. Think of it this way. If you go out and say there is 8 windows and you quote £8. If they say "no", good riddens, it cost you a couple of quid and a bit of time. If they say yes, then you've earned £96 a year (12 cleans). Worth the time IMO. Charge it blindly at £6 expecting that they may not be that interested. You cost yourself potentially £24 of profit. do that across 100 jobs, and thats £2,400 of profit. Working for more than £2 an Hour less, than what you may have been able to earn.

You know they are interested though, because they contacted you. Be brave, and charge what is fair to you every time, because you are going to have to do it every month. If only half your quotes are accepted, there is something wrong, you are charging too much, But if 1 in 10 say "no", your on the button. Because if every quote you give is accepted, then you may be too cheap.

8. cheapncheerful

yeh probably running at 50 percent...but these all seem to be the same jobs...two up two down back and front....some stick and are great but some just dont contact me again as they forget...so yes i probably need to be a bit more choosy....well to be honest i am getting peed off with them...but as i say some are great...one has emailed me with all the dates and the money is always left out ....now them are the jobs i like...shortly i am going to completely alter my website and become a new type of windowcleaner.....shortly....:)

9. laddergarder

When you say

"some stick and are great but some just dont contact me again as they forget...".

Do you mean your customers just call when they need you? or do you tell them its once a month you come round?

Personally I refuse one offs as its a totally different business. If all my jobs were one offs, I would have to build the cost of a huge marketing campaign into my prices, to keeps things ticking over, and would also have to charge for driving out to give quotes on every job.

10. cheapncheerful

yeh i kinda get the idea that i have to tell them,...... but i was hoping they would tell me what they want, anyway for the future i will only be accepting monthly work or regular work paid by direct debit /standing order as i canna be bothered collecting and so i intend to tell them that....yeh first cleans are a pain and if they dont get back its a waste of my time.....

funny enough today i went to one which i had priced as a, what i call renter....these only want you to clean them as they leave..and of course you dont get to do them again...well i did one and priced it higher for that reason....i did leave my card...and the owner had just asked me to do a regular clean until its sold....well i kinda felt it was a bit overpriced as she was there whilst i cleaned it so i said i would drop it a fiver....dont tell mr smurf....and then she said she wanted her farm next door cleaning, so another on my list....:)

Advertisement