Hogs Hair Vs Monofilament Brushes

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by BostonMike, Jan 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. BostonMike

BostonMike Active Member

I've used a hogs hair brush in the past because of it's reputation for being a great scrubber. Takes more energy to use for sure because the extra scrubbing power causes extra drag on the glass. I switched to a dual trim monofilament brush and I think I like it better, what does everybody else think?

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Depends when I'll be using.. Today a customer asked me to do their garage roof windows, covered in green.. The boars hair came out and was quick and easy.. I was thinking about this while using it today, i put flow on 90 something, drag wasn't so bad, I had it on a clx 27, was still able to whip it.. I like the full boars hair for first cleans and really badly dirty

I like a mono when doing regular work when extra scrubbing isn't really needed, again quick and easy..

But then there's a company called tecbuk, don't know if you've heard of them, Lol, they do a hybrid brush, mono & boars hair mix, dual trim, great brush, quick, easy, with the extra scrubbing there too..

I use a boars hair on conservatories roofs too and it's a great help!

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Richard really should get you to do all his promotion Belfast lol

4. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

:D I have a lot of very satisfied customers Dodger, who send me emails or even phone me with thanks after they have been using the brushes for a few weeks or even a few days.

Belfast is up to date with wfp use, some window cleaners never change brushes for different cleans or even clean the brush they often use, for years sometimes. Trad cleaners will clean their cloths; applicators change the squeegee rubber etc same good work practice applies to wfp.

Every wfp cleaner should have a Boars Hair brush in there van, they are fantastic when you need them, how anyone can clean self cleaning glass without one, must be mad to waste so much time. :blink:

Richard

5. BostonMike

BostonMike Active Member

Richard: why do we need them on self cleaning glass?

6. harunh

harunh Legend

I always use same brush lol

7. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Safe to use and very fast:
    Boars Hair brushes as you know are very soft to the touch and self cleaning glass has a coating on its surface. You shouldn’t be using chemicals or abrasives on this glass, let the water and brush do the work. You can use huge amounts of pressure to clean but you need to make sure you have rinse off all the lose dirt first.

The difference between a Boars Hair brush and the Polyester Filament can be measured in hours if you’re trying to clean black mould of a conser roof. What can be a 30 minutes job for a boars Hair brush, can be several hours for a Polyester brush (that’s not an exaggeration). You can see why I make the Hybrid brush with these two types of bristle, polyester is the fastest filament to clean with, combined with 17% Boars Hair which is un-surpassed in scrubbing ability, makes for a fantastic brush ( as you lot keep reading Belfastcleaning comments about it).

Unfortunately you may have several brushes in your possession, but can you say they are very different if the cleaning bristle is the same, I have seen you tube videos with a so called expert talking about different brushes, and I know they have the same type of bristle, he didn’t even pick upon that very simple point.

Richard

Advertisement