Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

slx vs clx

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All these aches n pains comments im not much better. I take ibuprofen usually once to twice a day for my my leg pain. so glad i mostly use wfp, instead of up n down ladders all day. done a few stretches to help me legs tonight. Survived another day.bring on tommorow:)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

looking forward to hearing how you get on heyoh i will either go with the slx 25...even if i dont need it as you never know what the future holds...or a cheapo pole as that is me....cheapncheerful..:rofl:

funny thing with the aches and pains for me is that they all
disappear during the day at work...maybe its in my mind ..doesnt feel like it at the time though...

i seem to have inherited my dads problem....when i gotta go, i really gotta go...really...all of a sudden...bloomin annoyin...i used to laugh at him and now its gonna be me rushin of to the loo...:rolleyes:

well i almost completely learned to control my bladder and bowel movements :rofl: but seriously i'm almost proud of myself, when i say no, it has to wait until i finish with work /emoticons/biggrin.png

i'm the same with aches, as soon as i'm warmed up it's gone, that's actually what i read the other day that the old 'rest it for a week' approach isn't the best for joint problems, you ought to keep moving

ive got a heavy old 35ft pole for the odd windows, but only use it maybe twice a month

:thumbsup: for the text formatting cheapncheerful

First impressions:

everything is smaller on this pole than I expected by looking at the pictures, it's really compact and I like it.

When you unscrew the clamp you gotta be careful with it, because the bits fall apart very easily, I almost lost one little spring.

The end cap - it's not very tight to be honest and that's a bit annoying, I haven't actually tried working with the pole yet, but I'm sure the end cap will come off a couple times a day. I don't want to glue it though, just in case I'll decide to get an extension later on.

The pole is so stiff I couldn't wish for any stiffer :laugh: even when fully extended, when I tried to wobble it, it just didn't.

I also bought a long arm resi neck, which I expected to be a bit longer, but it might be alright, I'll have to test it.

Off to work now :thumbsup:

great post...off to work at 8.02am...like it....been a long long time since i did that....mind you i do have a one off every so often and was working at 6.20 am yesterday and it was too late...too many :specs around....hence why i be knackered today..

that sounds like the pole to go for...and on your way to work of course you hum the tune...../emoticons/biggrin.png

Heyoh, just put two tiny spots of superglue on the base cap. Its quite easy to release it if needed but stops that annoying forever sliding it back up the pipe. My facelift was murder for it but hasn't done it since which was over a year ago.

Surprised it does it to be honest, my slx 25 base cap fits beautifully, feels more plastic than the facelift one which is rubbery but wears more.

In one of your posts you mention your shoulders hurting especially when doing over conny roofs, have you tried a swivel neck yet? It means you can side step the conny and not have all the weight out in front of you, bloody brilliant things i couldn't manage without it, makes every bit of my round easier

I am in love with my new slx-22. It wasn't love at first sight, we needed some time together to get on, but now we are inseparable. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I chose the radius sill brush, which still feels a little too stiff for me, but I had the chance to try it on a disgustingly filthy first clean, and it was a joy to use it. It's compact (1.5m closed) at the same time it surprised me how high I can reach with 22ft.

I made the good decision not going for the 18ft one, it's only 180 grams heavier, but the extra section is so useful. As one of you said with the 18ft I would hold it higher to reach windows, which in turn would put more stress on my shoulders.

Good to hear heyho, cracking pole and brush. I recommend your next purchase/upgrade should be a gardiners swivel neck and a superlite extreme medium mixed, it will really compliment your slx as its about half the weight of your sill.

Its a joy to go to work when you are happy with you're gear innit?

P.s. If you find the sill a bit stiff then you might want to use a superlite medium hybrid instead of a medium mixed, they feel a bit softer but still excellent scrubbing power

Enjoy the new pole ,I am new into this game (approx 1. 1/2 yrs )and have been using Brodex poles ,moved onto an unger pole but was having shoulder and neck pain so I bought the slx25 and have to say it is absolutely fantastic ,it does 99%of my work from 3 storey houses to large conny roofs :) :)

have been using Brodex poles
Oh boy... brodex... I have nightmares with brodex poles :eek::laugh: I still have a 35ft one and it's heavy...(funny thing is, I used to use it for everything)

you might want to use a superlite medium hybrid
wow that is light, and not even expensive, but how will I clean the sills as easy as with the radius brush? I would miss the ability to clean sills even from a steep angle. If only they could combine the two together...

I am in love with my new slx-22. It wasn't love at first sight, we needed some time together to get on, but now we are inseparable. /emoticons/biggrin.pngI chose the radius sill brush, which still feels a little too stiff for me, but I had the chance to try it on a disgustingly filthy first clean, and it was a joy to use it. It's compact (1.5m closed) at the same time it surprised me how high I can reach with 22ft.

I made the good decision not going for the 18ft one, it's only 180 grams heavier, but the extra section is so useful. As one of you said with the 18ft I would hold it higher to reach windows, which in turn would put more stress on my shoulders.
pleased all is well with your new pole, gd feeling when you get something new happy days heyoh

wow that is light, and not even expensive, but how will I clean the sills as easy as with the radius brush? I would miss the ability to clean sills even from a steep angle. If only they could combine the two together...
Never fear bud, they are spot on for sills too.

Fair enough you cant get the bristles perpendicular onto the sill upstairs but as long as you have an adjustable neck you can get a very nice angle on the sill and with practice its very efficient and effective. In fact i find the sill brush much harder on the sills than the extreme, but only because with a swivel neck the weight of the sill brush makes it spin too much.

Back