Holy Moly!!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Jul 4, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Last week I moved out of my house which was in a very soft water area (well below 100ppm) and have moved into a holiday let. There's an outside tap here that I can use to fill my tank. I knew the water was going to have a high TDS so I bought 6 bags of resin to see me through until I get an RO sorted in my new house (which I can't move into until late August). I checked the TDS as I was filling up tonight and it was coming through at 003ppm after around 350 litres after previously coming through at 000ppm. I did a reading on the tap water, almost freekin 600ppm. It's killing my resin :eek:. I phoned the lady that's bought my house and have offered to pay her water bill for 6 months if I can fill up there every night plus a free window clean now and then. Thank f0ok she has agreed to it or I'd be back on the ladders come Wednesday :confused:

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Sounds like good drinking water, put hair on your eyes. Thats not good news about ppm, but you have a short term solution thankfully.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Not an ideal situation by any means. I've wasted £50 worth of resin tonight. I run twin DI and one went up to around 050ppm with new resin in it after tonight's fill :eek:

4. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

:eek::gush::gush::gush::eek::eek::eek::eek::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::eek::(:(:(:(:(:gush::gush::gush:

5. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

that's shocking !!! glad she as let you use her water lucky for you !

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Get an ro quick bud

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'm living in a holiday let for the next 8 weeks at least :confused:. No provision to set an RO up here. Going back to my old house to fill up is my only option unfortunately :(. I'm going to get one of those all singing all dancing RO set ups from Purefreedom when I move.

8. David K

David K Forum Addict

Thats crazy !! Thought my 470 was high ! .... Gladly im rainwater harvesting too , so parttime its free water , mine from roof is Now 009 :hehehe:. Other than that i Got a 4021 low pressure RO membrane from daqua . :thumbsup:

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Blimey!

Mines at around 480 and I thought that was high!

I have a fairly cheapo RO unit (was £150 I think?) with a 9litre resin vessel after it, been running that for at least 18 months and been a solid 000 the whole time.

Advertisement