Honesty

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Smurf, Dec 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When going out to do a quote what do you tell them after doing a camera survey/visual check if you find the gutters & downspouts are clear?

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ide b finking (wtf ) y have they wasted my time. ide say well there all clear but ur windows need a good clean ;)

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#3 Smurf, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    I wasn't getting into politics today when a tenant asked for a quote as she had just moved in then found out her kids bedroom one of the walls was sodden. So I was not surprised that the gutters & downspout on that part of the house were clear. I then informed her they were clear then went on to say best you get the landlord to arrange a roofer to see what the problem is with the roof. Her reply was she was told by the landlord don't worry about the damp wall just put up some new wallpaper to cover it.

Next door popped over to have a chat as seen me doing a camera survey and said that house the woman just moved in has had 5 different tenants in the last year. The landlord is asian and never gets any work done on the house.

I was very pleased the gutters were clear to say the least.:D

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

my last landlord had doggy electrics and wouldent sort it out so we moved they were a fire hazzerd aperently grrrrrr blady landlords

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I would tell them they were clear but I would also offer an external clean.

6. norm

norm Grand Master

truth whole truth nothing but the truth

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed norm :D

Regarding offering other services I often upsell but due to the state of the house and tenant telling me afterwards she had reported the landlord to environmental health. Also was threatened with eviction thought I best walk away from that one

8. norm

norm Grand Master

sounds like the best idea Smurf

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The job I cancelled today due to high winds was that job I mentioned in another post a couple of months ago that I stopped work on with the slipping ridge.

So just goes to show ppl like honesty as they called me back after the ridge was sorted.;)

Advertisement