Horses For Courses

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by essex boy, Mar 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. essex boy

essex boy Active Member

I received my SLX25 today with Gooseneck and I opted for a superlite wide brush as I have just about every other brush known to man except the TecBuk Hybrid which I want to buy next.

I know many out there feel you should use different brushes for different jobs and I am sure they are right but for me doing nearly all 2 storey domestic work one brush with good technique should be good enough.

So, the SLX came, I fitted the 10inch gooseneck and wide brush but wondered whether anyone feels this can be used as a daily brush or is this really for large pane domestic and height jobs?

Also, does anyone use the Gooseneck for day to day domestic and if so what brush do you use?

I haven't been out yet today but my instinct was to change the goosenck and wide brush for s sill brush and a swivel adjustable resi-neck as when I used the gooseneck on my own windows it felt strange.

I don't really want to go into the science of it all but would be interested what people use as their day to day combination.

I think I need to use the gooseneck as I am sure it is something that you get used to by using it more and more but I would be interested to hear about brushes, especially anyone who uses the wide brush for day to day.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've not used a carbon goose neck myself as the type of work I do it probably be no good to me to be honest as I need to adjust the angle of the brush alot.

3. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Don’t use a gooseneck or straight brush extension if you don’t need to.
    Window cills on domestics are 4”-5” deep, the brush & standard adjustable angle adapter is perfect for these, that is what I use.

Large brushes for domestic are pointless; you need a small brush stock that’s fits Georgian window panes (Tecbuk brushes are the only ones to do this) and at least a 11” bristles spread on the glass to because of the larger standard window sizes.

The simplest way to look at wfp brushes is absorbent brush bristles & non-absorbent brush bristles, you need one of each.

Richard

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Gardiner extreme for most work

Gardiner dual trim for anything longer than 8 weeks

Gardiner sill brush for first cleans.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Now your going to start richard of on one :D

6. OoO

OoO Guest

I would love to use one of his brushes.

But we use extreme poles and they have a weight limit.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Carbon fibre has the lightest strength to weight ratio, are you saying the extreme pole is bendy? I only use high modulus; 25ft poles in HMCF don’t bend Damo with a few hundred grams of brush on the end.

9. mark m

mark m Hero

I could never really get on with a goose neck and I use a extreme mixed as a every day brush

10. OoO

OoO Guest

No the extreme is very rigid.

I thought your boars hair brush complete was over 300grams?

The extreme pole has a weight limit of 285 I believe.

Advertisement