Hos Annoyed By Poo Whilst Working?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by brookswcservices, Jan 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. brookswcservices

Bit of a moan really..

Im sick of working down streets and constantly having to dodge dog/cat poo..sometimes you get it on your pipe..

There is nothing more of putting than working with that..

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

This is why i use my trolley system. Probably stood in poo, 3 or 4 times in like 10 years.

3. brookswcservices

I have certain areas..not a lot..that a large amount of cats live in, sometimes its hidden in leaves..how many houses can you do with a trolley? i have a 600 ltr in the back of my berlingo

4. OoO

OoO Guest

18L does me for most houses.

So I have to fill up after each house.

The time I loose in filling up, is the same as messing around with winding in hoses etc

I am making my trolley now though. Based on a 25L but I have gone for weight saving.

So I have a few weight saving ideas. Really looking forward to it.

My van has a 350 tank and JUST does me a day. Other vans are 650s

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Nothing worse than reeling hose in and you start to smell dog dirt!! Lol..

6. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

I had this one house and the back garden was a minefield. Gave it in in the end, too much time washing poo off shoe

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i always bring my hose in with a micro fibre cloth. one time i brought it in and got cat shite on my hands. it made me physically sick. even had it on the wheel on my trolly and i didnt know bout it. put the trolly in the back of the car and while driving along thought i stood in sumthing and the smell got on the carpet for days. :angry: now i carry detol in a spray bottle and wipes to wipe my hands and face after each clean.

8. deano13

deano13 Active Member

Nothing worse than going in a garden therer is dog sh*t every where I got it on my pipe and wheels the other week was hiden under some leave maks me want to cancell them people then

9. brookswcservices

Yeh Damo, the tank i have says 600 ltr on it but u can squeeze another 50 in it, the tank fits in with not a mm each side to spare..Its all nice and compact :) ..JDMW, hahaha :lol: ..thats funny that..I use a cloth everytime i reel in also, i also do my pole hose aswell..ive done similar things regarding dog poo, if u smear it along the pipe and dont realise till its too late its a nightmare to get rid of the smell..driving around on a hot summers day with sh%t wafting in the cab of the van is not how i imagined window cleaning would be when i first started out..hahaha.. :lol: It can be a dirty job sometimes but when i think about standing on a production line for 40+ hours a week..i`d choose cat shite any day ^_^

10. brookswcservices

Yeh..its disgusting, but i have learnt to really inspect the floor before i start moving around with gear..i still get caught out from time to time but not as much as when i 1st started out..i sometimes drop a polite hint to them like "I couldnt do the back because of the poo"..make them feel embarrased..it works B)

Advertisement