Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose 15mm v Microbore

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

Good evening lads - my poor old 15mm yellow hose and reel is really starting to show its age now - had a split last week which I repaired with a push fit repair connector. First job today and noticed a small incision which was seeping slowly /emoticons/smile.png

Metal reel all black coating has literally come off / wheels are a little worn and stiff - I think you get the picture.

Never used Microbore - any good? Also is it worth getting a SS reel?

Best place for quality / price?

Thanks fellas

Just noticed there is 8mm mini bore and 6mm Microbore - any difference or just personal preference?

i just use a 5mm id braided hose, never used anything else. the wider a hose the more flow you can get, but in the end it comes through 2mm jets, so can't see a realistic advantage, the disadvantage of a wider bore is that the pump has to work harder and thus in all likelihood burn out sooner, hence had my pump nearly 3 yrs, i've heard a few barely get 1, although i also use less length as well as diameter.

I'd try Ebay before you buy new. You will get alot cheaper than £115. It's up to you at the end of the day though.

James.

Does anyone know who came up with the name - Minibore / Microbore?

As far as I am aware they both are just made up terms to describe reinforced PVC hose, which are available in about 14 standard sizes ranging from 8mmOD through to 60mmOD

The chances are your 15mm OD hose you have been using, is actually a 15.5mm with a inner diameter of 9.5mm, the next one down from this is the 13.5mmOD with 8mm ID (called ‘minibore’) after this the next size down is 11.5mmOD with 6mm ID, (called ‘microbore’) the next size below this is 10mmOD with 5mmID etc

As long as its not the cheaply made imported stuff, it should be all the same stuff made to BS EN ISO quality standards.

Richard

I'd try Ebay before you buy new. You will get alot cheaper than £115. It's up to you at the end of the day though.

James.
I think the price matty is refering to is reel AND hose, in which case, yes, that is about the cheapest you will get with a proper metal reel.
Correct metal wheeled hose reel and either 6mm or 8mm hose & fittings. Not bad

Yeahh it was mainly for the reel, I've got a couple of spare houses in my garage. The prices for these reels brand new is ridiculous. I'm not spending £120+ on a reel /emoticons/unsure.png

James.

So I'm on the verge of buying the micro bore lads. As I've always used 15mm i will obviously need fittings with the hose. Does anybody know if the fitting that connects to the pole is standard push fit connector?

You'll need the microbore fitting, which is push fit. Do you mean to attach into the actual hose?? Cos u need to use o rings or jubilee clips.

If you mean the male into female, then yes they're just push fit. Hope that makes sense?

You'll need the microbore fitting, which is push fit. Do you mean to attach into the actual hose?? Cos u need to use o rings or jubilee clips.

If you mean the male into fHemale, then yes they're just push fit. Hope that makes sense?
Yes windy man I've currently got the anti snag push fits on the pole hose that go into the brass auto stop connector. So is the micro bore connector the same size that connects to the pole connector?

Latest Posts

Back