Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why Over Complicate?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

no its not difficuit really, i think people do because they manufacture all these things for trad/wfp and people just think that they need it and go buy it, when really if you keep things simple it makes it easier, less things can go wrong and costs less to!

simple is always best!

Why talk in here as if to try and talk about people behind their backs.

My business is becoming more and more successful on a method I don't find complicated.

You only do because it's a new concept to you by the sounds.

I have a quote book and I never spend long pricing a job up unless it's a job that will bring in multiples of 100's of pounds.

If it's a £15 job it takes 5 mins, using a simple formula that works.

I never have problems and it leaves me being able to explain my price.

You tell a customer that you "want" to earn x amount an hour and that's the only basis for your price you charge and they may find someone who wants to earn less.

I explain average costs and risks, therefore a customer knows I'm not pulling figures out of space and am a committed businessman, who puts time and effort into insuring a price that is fair.

People saying "how much do you WANT to earn an hour" is in business terms, so undescript and subject to change it's complete guesswork.

Do we run businesses or do we work for beer money?

????

Belfast I dont think I am "Member of the month material" I only posted those threads as a bit of light hearted fun!

I am well aware that there are people on this forum considerably more deserving than me.... It was just a bit of fun thats all.

Masons it is not a new concept to me as I have been tradeing since December 2000!!!

As for "The beer money" I dont know?

Each to his own I guess?

I run a professional (Simple) window cleaning business.

I know all my customers by name and always try to give them the best possible service.

Since I began tradeing in 2000 I have never recorded a loss so surely I must be doing something right.

I am not saying that youre way is wrong but (Again) my point was just to keep it simple!!!

Oh yes and I would never tell a customer that I want to earn a certain amount per hour because I am more professional and organised than that and I would of considered that before giving the customer a price!!!!!!

And...................

It was never my intention to "Talk behind peoples backs".

That is something I disagree with and something that I have never or will ever do!!!!

I honestly was just making a comment as it seemed to me that there had been a lot of OVER COMPLICATED threads on the board lately>

It was just a point of view but never a dig at anybody!!!!

Also................. Its a Sunday and its almost 21.00 so I am off to watch "The den".

Goodnight and be happy and remember.................

KEEP IT SIMPLE (In my opinion of course)

Lol

Great den tonight.

I keep it simple I carry less stuff being WFP than I did trad

• pole and brush
  • hose
  • trolley with pump
  • 6 water containers

and windows

• ladder
  • pouch
  • scrims
  • bucket
  • squeegees
  • applicator
  • ladder stay

list goes on

Watching it on iplayer ya gotta love it lol, it does seem to get over complicated I suppose but it's mostly discussion and we take from it all what we want, and/or need to. The pricing issue yes for commercials it might get complicated but most domestic for me can be summed up by how long it will take and how much I think customers round here will pay. It's H&S thats getting over complicated it's like all the PC shizzle, I soon won't be able to f a r t in a public place without pulling my pants down and catching it in a jar for fear of invading someones life giving airspace.

Hmm fart jar, theres an idea for the dragons. (just had a better idea but won't go into that lol).

Thats a great way to look at it!

If its pricing up a job, doing a job, carrying stock etc etc etc.

It is all about keeping it simple!!!

I have a number of friends/mates who all have their own business and I have also read a number of books from famous entrepeneurs such as Richard Branson, Duncan Bannatyne, Theo Paphitis (I think thats how you spell it) and they all say the same thing.................

There is nothing complicated in business!!!!!!!!!!

Simple gets it every time...

My posts are rapidly going up tonight so you never know MOM?

Its ok Belfast I am only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Its just for fun"........................... /emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm gonna built a fart collecting contraption and give out shares in the company to members then I'll win for sure, hahaha

trumpdumppump.com

Back