Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

heard it all now, mould

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

A custy cancelled tonite, not because of any price rise, been cleaning for 2 years now.

emailed

I'll pay by PayPal now. I've noticed mould on some of the corners of the windows so I'm going to start cleaning them myself and getting into the corners!

Kind regards

George and Michael.

Sent from my iPhone

i told her to get them checked over by a glazier, new build, 2 years old. i would have noticed , only cleaned them last week.

load of bxxxocs,

what an excuse , id rather them say just leave them 4 a while.

I had a customer cancel tonight aswell. Told me not to do them this week because i wasnt there in january. Then when i explained that she told me to leave it 2 months next time she ignored me. I guess that was just an excuse. Suppose it makes way for another customer who will appreciate it. Thats the way im looking at it anyway [emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had two yesterday I pulled up to sold signs I'm the garden. Didn't clean either and text them to find out. Yep both have moved out and hadn't bothered to tell me. I wouldn't mind but I txt them the night before for the gates! Some people eh

I had one tell me to stop calling as she found a cleaner who uses ladders and she "prefers them cleaning with a chamois"!!! I asked her have I been leaving marks etc and I was told they were spotless but essentially I was doing a proper job??!! Ahhh customer logic....

I'm not sure about anyone else but is this sort of thing normal for the beginning of the year?

People overspending, reconsidering their finances maybe...

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

I think there may be an element of that but mostly I think it's their view of us, as though we are peasants of the service world. They want to pay as little as possible but expect the earth. I had a guy ask if I would do his solar panels in addition to his windows and generously said he would give me an extra £1!!! You can guarantee they wouldn't ask such things of a plumber or sparky and certainly they wouldn't delay payment to them. It's the "it's only the window cleaner" syndrome. Sorry, rant over :mad:/emoticons/tongue.png

A custy cancelled tonite, not because of any price rise, been cleaning for 2 years now.
emailed

I'll pay by PayPal now. I've noticed mould on some of the corners of the windows so I'm going to start cleaning them myself and getting into the corners!

Kind regards

George and Michael.

Sent from my iPhone

i told her to get them checked over by a glazier, new build, 2 years old. i would have noticed , only cleaned them last week.

load of bxxxocs,

what an excuse , id rather them say just leave them 4 a while.
George & Michael /emoticons/biggrin.png:*

Had a customer ask if I could clean the double sized garage door with my 'broom-stick thingy' (oh yeah the £400 stick thing of mine) [emoji50].

I said yes I can do that after the windows and give them a price, the old lady said in a slow and deliberate tone 'no .....no, I'll give you £1 ....and £1 only' [emoji23]. After I finished the windows she even came out to see the job I had done!

Needless to say that garage door wasn't cleaned on that day or any other since.

I could have put that pound toward my £3 meal deal, oh well! LOL

when im on the site again ill mention it to one of the site supervisors, Shes got mouldy window frames, they might give her a knock, haha.

hear her excuse, prob blame me. all new builds.

I had a customer cancel tonight aswell. Told me not to do them this week because i wasnt there in january. Then when i explained that she told me to leave it 2 months next time she ignored me. I guess that was just an excuse. Suppose it makes way for another customer who will appreciate it. Thats the way im looking at it anyway [emoji23]
Is it me? Because I respect people so much more If they are honest with me even if sometimes it's not what I want to hear.

Is it me? Because I respect people so much more If they are honest with me even if sometimes it's not what I want to hear.
No it's not just you.

If a customer comes and says "I'm having problems money wise, can I pay you next month?"

Then I will always say, "sure, I hope your situation improves" and I collect double next month. (We've all had financial issues at some time)

If they just hide behind the sofa or not respond to texts then I get mad![emoji35]

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

I've not had a cancellation excuse like that in a long long time. I like to think the loyalty of 13+ years is enough to warrant an honest text. I had a couple last year ask to move to 8/12 weekly because of financial issues. Have no problem being as accommodating as I can with my customers. Sending you obvious bull **** to get out of paying or to cancel is pathetic. More embarrassing for them thinking you're that naive to believe it.

I prefer honesty rather than been lied to or ripped off which has happened in recent months £20.00 lost from a custy who had always paid via bacs without issue for a few years and £20.00 lost of someone I have known for over 20 years .

We have mould on the inside of our window reveals through the winter months nowt to do with WFP as my wife trads them most of the time /emoticons/biggrin.png , But we live in a cottage/barn conversion with the original construction of 1850 and somewhat dodgy conversion 27 years ago .

One of the local lads has cleaned the windows of our neighbour but one for years.

The other day I see him cleaning them with Karcher vacuum that he bought. So I talked to him and he said he was cancelled as his brush had scratched all the windows. Now I'm 'concerned' as I use the same brushes as that cleaner. I looked carefully at the glass and couldn't see anything. He then said you can see them from inside.

I later spoke to that cleaner and he said she had cancelled the cleaning as it was causing mold on the inside of the window frame and walls.

Anyway, the joke is that it took him nearly an hour to clean 2 front windows. He still had 1 to go and the front door and then 2 side windows and the backs to do and a large conservatory. Its a bungalow and he thinks he can save money by cleaning them himself. Guessing he spend the whole day cleaning those windows.

/emoticons/wink.png

i dont know if she meant on the outside or the inside, i know sometimes you get drips in the corners that wnen sills dry, but never to get mould,

with uni valve now ill rinse sills then wipe over with water off.

the house is only 2 years old,

It will be condensation on the inside of the windows. We all experience it. It has nothing to do with window cleaning. People breath out moisture laden breath, its something we do. People also dry their clothes off over the radiators in winter. That moisture has to go somewhere.

The other issue is that it takes a long time for a new build to totally dry out from the building process. When the guys go on their holidays before the roof is on, all that rain water is absorbed into the brick work and internal structure.

One the the biggest problems of condensation inside a camper van overnight is people. Ventilation is the answer but that means heat loss.

Back