hose on outside???

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark, Oct 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Forum Addict

does anyone have the hose on the outside of there water fed pole??.just lately,im sick and tired of grit and dirt getting the pole sections,having to wash it through every so often!!!

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

A few do, but I personally think it looks stupid and unprofessional. But I hear your point about grit and dirt, I have a bucket of water with a bit of solution in my van and after each job place the pole hose in the bucket till I get to next job, keeps the hose like brand new. Then at the end of the day just wipe the hose down and coil it up and put it back in my pole tube.

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I'm thinking the same, the winter is the worst for grit and dort as the pole hose gets wet, so all the grit sticks to the hose! So annoying! Today mine got so bad it got stuck, had to force the section off it,

Scratched it quite badly...

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

There must be some sort of clips we can use for winter...

5. Calum Jennings

Calum Jennings Active Member

I just have a cloth in the back of the van. And when I reel in the hoses I just wrap the cloth round them and it keeps them nice and clean. Quick and easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. mark

mark Forum Addict

calum I think we all clean our reel hose.it still doesn't prevent grit getting in the pole when working.i am going to give it ago as from Monday(on outside)it all adds up in time during the day-fed up with it!!

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Think I'll join you, it's so annoying, but I might look for some clips...

8. mark

mark Forum Addict

day off 2morrow- going to give it a trial run,some one used cable ties on another forum.these were not tightened fully though.should be an easy fix. to get me through winter!!

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

The thing that puts me off having the hose on the outside is if the hose has dirt on it and clatters against a newly cleaned window. I think it would be a right PITA, but let us know how you get on chaps.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have mine on the outside mainly as i have the one pole and split it when not using all 30ft
    It does get dirty so shows what gets dragged up the inside of the pole
    I usually hold it against the pole with my hand which stops it hitting windows

If you want clips why not use the velcro ties you get for tidying cables..long enough to go round the pole and remove easily

Only downside i have found is when doing conny roofs i can get it caught on the finials

Advertisement