Hose pipe across public path

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by choco, May 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. choco

choco Member

Decided i'm going to run a hose to the van, and make the pure water in the van. I havent got a front drive, so will be going across a public path. Is any one else doing this? is it even legal? I know for a fact some muppet will end up tripping over it and putting a claim in. Do you think a sign, and ramp that goes over the hose would cover my back? sounds petty, but plenty of mongs out there who would do anything for a quick buck

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I would have thought that would cover it. No different to your hose being across pavements and roads when cleaning so guess as long as you have a clear sign up etc. Should be ok.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. TolishAPurd

You're very right to be concerned about that. As much as we all hate the health and safety and blame/claim culture, its all in place for a reason. Think of it from the other perspective:- Imagine you are walking down a path and then you get a little distracted for a few seconds.... moments later you're on your **** and injured , all because some a$$clown decided to run a hose line across a footpath. You are now out of work with bills to pay....you would want to be compensated. I would at the very least have 2 signs out, 1 in each direction.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. cheapncheerful

my wife has to put out the wet floor signs when she mops...of course the muppets walk straight into them all the time:rolleyes:

5. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Using a yellow hose will help too.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    I'm in the same situation at the front of the house. Whenever I need to run an extention lead or hose to the van I put a couple of small cones out over them on the footpath. Mind you the footpath goes to a dead end 5 house down so not really a high traffic area but all the same I do it. Likewise if I'm out working if any hoses/power lead etc has to cross a footpath.

I use cheap cones from screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/p/traffic-cones-18-pack-of-5/10549
    They are just the right height so ppl can fall over them but they don't blow over in the wind like fold up ones do. We don't want ppl slipping on blown down warning signs now do we :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#7 Smurf, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    The epademic that we should all be aware of as no matter what you do ppl get distracted by a condition called stupidity (inattention blindness)

In London they have decided to pad some of the lamposts. I wonder why :rolleyes:

8. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Rise of the smartphone!

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yes the rise of numpties texting whilst walking is a real issue now.

10. choco

choco Member

Been racking my brains over this one, then it came to me. When ever you see construction guys with hoses etc they have like a small ramp that goes over the top of it, bikes, skateboards, wheel chairs go over it no problem. The hard part is finding one to buy, searched ebay and Google but struggling to find anything decent. Best is a metal one which is like 100 quid. It only need to be wooden and about 10 cm off the floor, then at a gradient either side. If any one comes across one, would be massively appreciated!

Advertisement