Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Hi

Would like to know what sort of price i should be quoting for:

A Block paving pressure washing per square meter

B Concrete pressure washing per square meter

C Re sanding

I know larger areas will be cheaper, but just a rough idea for the average sized drives.

Thanks

Depends on how competitive you want to be...

I quote what I feel the job is worth to me inc travel time, fuel for the pressure washer, how bad the job is, time it takes including cleanup, any drainage issues and cost to resand on another day when required.

I know I'm not being that helpful regarding m2 prices that you want but always worked this way and I'm not the cheapest by far.

Funny enough I had a lady call me this about half an hour ago asking me to do their block paving driveway & patio again that I did two years ago. Also the old chaps block paving driveway again next door.

They were so pleased with the work last time I did not even mention the price over the phone still all the work was booked in for March. Will go through my records to find out what I charged last time and bump it up a bit to cover inflation.

You can't beat happy customers can you /emoticons/biggrin.png

I personally charge about £3psqm to clean depending on how bad it is. But obv have to re-kiln on a separate day, so I charge per hour for this, obv factor in how much a bag of kiln sand is and how many you will need, one bag goes a very long way unless there's huge gaps between blocks!! Say an driveway was 50sqm then it'd cost £150 to clean then 2 bags of sand @ £3 each, then prob £20 to sand it which would only take 30-40mins. But there's so many factors that can affect the price. Then if they wanted it re-sealed or sand hardener then it can be anything up to £10psqm.

Others may have totally different prices to me!! But that's what I charge for block paving cleaning!! Hope that helps mate

Yeah that's a great help. What little jobs we have done in this area have been guess work.

£50/£100/£150

Just wanted to get some prices.

But tbh I ain't keen on the work.

I'm not a great fan of it either tbh!! Would much rather do gutter cleaning all day! I have had some people expect me to clean their driveway for pennies!! But they don't take into account petrol for the pressure washer, weed killer if needed, then the travelling to and from the job a couple of times. I only have it on my website but don't actually advertise it properly like I do the rest of my services!

It's a messy job for sure but you still can earn good money as an add on to your business by offering hard surface cleaning that is if you price up jobs properly /emoticons/wink.png

Good pictures smurf!

I like cleaning uPVC for some reason lol

We have all the equipment, so should really push it more /emoticons/smile.png

Must admit I do like to do a variety of services in month as find I get fedup doing the same old thing week after week.

Like any job I also get board so sometimes have a play /emoticons/biggrin.png
attachicon.gif
IMG_3190.JPG

But then generally do a reasonable job in the end

attachicon.gif
IMG_3194.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_3196.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_3198.JPG
Smurf what sort of pressuere washer is that

That was my first just a chepo ryobi 7hp (subaru petrol engine) 3000 psi at 8 ltr a min I got off ebay for £250.

Since then I have upgraded to a much better one but still have kept it to be used as a spare.

You should push it more /emoticons/wink.png

Good pictures smurf!
I like cleaning uPVC for some reason lol

We have all the equipment, so should really push it more /emoticons/smile.png

At your low prices I would rather not H /emoticons/tongue.png

But fair play to you for being a grafter /emoticons/wink.png

I charge lockblock by the half day, if i reckon i can get it done in the morning oi charge £150, if i reckon its an all dayer and wont fit in anothere job its £275

Resanding its same and then add on the sand i use, and the fuel. i get plenty at that prices and makes it worthwhile.

To be honest that seems a better way. I will be giving that a go now too donny. Not sure about the resanding though as only takes on average 3 hours (£90 at most) so £150 + sand sounds a bit steep to me. Thanks anyway /emoticons/wink.png

Ive never been told it was steep, its always a dry day so make it last at least a morning, if they can afford lockblock they can afford £150 + sand lol

Take it there is not much competition around your way then I guess Donny?

It seems every Tom, **** & Harry is starting up pressure washing around by me and some charge very low prices indeed just to try to get loads of work.

I do up sell my pressure washing services on the quality of my work rather than price but must admit it getting a lot tougher to win all new business now when ppl get silly lower quotes.

Not all go for the lowest quote I know but times are getting harder for some folk that they will go for the cheapest quote and are not be that bothered about how it looks afterwards or the mess (overspray) they leave the job in.

I have seen some terrible jobs done by these low price merchants as all they want is to get in and out as quickly as possible so they can move on to their next job.

Travellers are the worst but do charge a fortune to do a **** job. Seems they go out of their way to deliberately target and take advantage of old folk too. The con they use to bump up the price is mislead ppl in thinking they also seal it too by saying the water they use already has sealer in it.

After saying that I never run other local pressure washing companies down to a customer as seems very unprofessional to do so.

I have one competitor and he wont do lockblock, get travellers up here aw the time , make my blood boil they do, why people gie em works escapes me.

Indeed donny...no wonder travellers can afford to buy new vans and good pressure washing kit that they buy with cash. :huh:

Seems if your honest you get noweare in this world. But after saying that I can sleep well at night knowing I haven't ripped ppl off like they do.

Back