hose reel clamping

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jun 7, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi guys i want to clamp my hose reel into the back of my van but i'm having trouble finding suitable brackets anyone any ideas?

What do you guys do with hose reels i've seen guys lifting them in and out at each job but i reckon clamping them into my van will shave of a few seconds at each job saving valuable time what do you think?

col :)

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

These are quite good, and fairly easy to copy if you are that way inclined.

Not cheap, but good quality

http://shop.brodexbms.co.uk/products/hose-reel-bracket

Dave

3. perfect Dave cheers.

Col :)

4. wes

wes Guest

I use cable tie's.

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I have used cable ties in the past, but like to be able to lift the reel out if needed.

Dave

6. The problem with that is that you will need to keep your back doors open and you may be working 50m away in a back garden. You are better off hauling your hose in and out and locking your van if you use an outside connection kit (you will need to drill through the van floor) is you have security.
    The other option (if you have a roof rack) is to have a basic frame made that clamps onto it with the hose reel(s) bolted on so they literally sit outside the rear van doors. You then pull up and just pull your hose to where you want it. My friend does this and it save him a lot of time.
    It really depends on how much time you have I suppose.

Advertisement