Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose Reel Fitting (Rectus) Protector

Apw1210

A little tip for an effective hose reel fitting protector 

With most of the pretty pride rainbow protector balls available they don't fully protect your hose reel fitting IE Rectus 21 & 26 or hose lock 

I have been using 100mm soft rubber homebase sink plungers 

I remove the threaded collar by drilling it out with a step drill then add a short length of braided PVC tubing over my hose reel hose end and feed it into the plunger 

When drilling you need to keep a tight friction fit so the plunger head doesn't slide back

Then add your desired fitting along with it's Double ear O clip if you use one

No additional clip or cable tie required to hold the plunger up against the Rectus fitting 

Side note. When pulling your hose out for the job in hand. If you're the person that drags your hose everywhere then your hose won't last long.

The idea of the plunger is to stop the Rectus fitting hitting the ground and wearing out it's collar 

The plunger also works great when reeling in large lengths of hose and helps it from snagging or again smashing the fitting 

20220124_122622.jpg

20220124_122627.jpg

20220124_122636.jpg

20220124_122640.jpg

20220124_122651.jpg

A little tip for an effective hose reel fitting protector 

With most of the pretty pride rainbow protector balls available they don't fully protect your hose reel fitting IE Rectus 21 & 26 or hose lock 

I have been using 100mm soft rubber homebase sink plungers 

I remove the threaded collar by drilling it out with a step drill then add a short length of braided PVC tubing over my hose reel hose end and feed it into the plunger 

When drilling you need to keep a tight friction fit so the plunger head doesn't slide back

Then add your desired fitting along with it's Double ear O clip if you use one

No additional clip or cable tie required to hold the plunger up against the Rectus fitting 

Side note. When pulling your hose out for the job in hand. If you're the person that drags your hose everywhere then your hose won't last long.

The idea of the plunger is to stop the Rectus fitting hitting the ground and wearing out it's collar 

The plunger also works great when reeling in large lengths of hose and helps it from snagging or again smashing the fitting 

View attachment 26313

View attachment 26314

View attachment 26315

View attachment 26316

View attachment 26317
Have you unblocked many sinks 

Latest Posts

Back