Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Oil for Loncin? do pump and engine take the same?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben23

Evening all, I recently noticed I could use some oil in my machine, specifically the pump which has a small window to view the oil evel as well as a dipstick, the dipsticks showing its rather low.

I called up Jetmac today and asked which oil I should use and was told 15w/40. what i forgot to ask at the time was whether this was for the pump or engine......is it the same for both or do you need a different kind of oil for the pump?

Cheers for any info

Ben

I got some oil from the garage earlier thats 15w40, however it dosent state that its non detergant so I assume Its not.....what a pain, ive got a job on tomorrow at 10am and dont think I'll be able to find anywhere that does the recommended "universal pump oil" that my manual says I'd need....looks like that needs to come from the net

Hi mate a lot of people run normal oil

The same in engine and pump

I no pressure washing company near me use tractor oil in both

You will be fine with the normal oil till you get some more or next service

Non detergent is in most oil in the form off anti foaming agents but company's charge more for putting on the can

Cheers mate, bit nervous as its quite low and I dont want to damage the pump, likewise I dont want to put the wrong stuff in and ruin it that way either, I really should have asked him to specify if it was for pump or engine when I was on the phone, think I'll call him again in the morning and just get to my job a bit later on

Got hold of Jet mac guy on Facebook, quite an abrupt bloke isn't he?.....anyway he reckons to use 15w40 in pump and engine, asked if it matters about it being not labelled non detergant and he seems quite indifferent, at least ive got his reply in writing if it knackers the pump

To be honest I dont think I'll use them again, I'll go with rutland or someone based a little closer to home. He could be a nice bloke but he comes across as quite short tempered......not the best way to deal with customers dropping thousands of pounds into your business really. im going to use the 15w40 tomorrow then drain the whole lot and use the reccomended oils from the manual for future jobs, washers about paid for itself now so will run it to death then get one from a more reputable dealer

Jetmac up to their old tricks with the oil again I see. When I bought mine the ad said the oil was included. None came with mine, not a big issue, just inconvenient as I had to **** about driving around to try and find some. No proper instructions as to which goes where, and that is a major failing imo as the whole thing could go very wrong. I've seen a few on here moaning about the oil now so it's not just a one off.

Aye, to be fair they had put some in when it was shipped but there was very little in the way of help with advice when I contacted them for info on replacing it, I hate feeling like im inconveniencing someone when asking for advice on a product or service ive payed out for , they just seem the type to end customer service when they've made a sale and as such wont receive repeat business from me

Aye, to be fair they had put some in when it was shipped but there was very little in the way of help with advice when I contacted them for info on replacing it, I hate feeling like im inconveniencing someone when asking for advice on a product or service ive payed out for , they just seem the type to end customer service when they've made a sale and as such wont receive repeat business from me
Exactly. I'll be using rutland next time.

Nice one /emoticons/smile.png in looking to get a reel with an extra 15 metres of hose on it so will be getting in touch with them soon, so far so good with the oil although im still going to change it out before my next job on friday, seemed to be a big sluggish getting started when warm and im used to it kicking straight in

Latest Posts

Back