Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie saying Hi and in need of help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

LewBarn

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time posting. Be gentle!

My name is Lewis and I have just started a window cleaning business with my brother in Winchester, Hampshire.

I'm based in Cardiff and have no window cleaning experience (think of me as a not-so silent partner who pushes buttons on a keyboard) and my brother is the main guy who does all the proper, real work.

We've got a WFP system fitted in a small van and my brother is having a few issues with it. We bought it as a complete set up off ebay and we're having trouble contacting the seller for advice so I'm turning to you guys.

Is there any businesses in the Hampshire area who services these systems or can give it a once over and maybe give my brother some advice?

Thank you all in advance

Lew

If you explain what issues he's having, chances are someone on here will be able to help out. Most systems are very similar, and are fairly easy to trouble-shoot and repair.

He's having issues with filling the tank. The water pressure is fine but as soon as it hits the tank it slows right down and it's taking hours to fill. It's supposed to fill in 2-3hrs but it's taking more like 6-8hrs.

I've added a photo to show the system if that helps?

View attachment 8603

I'm guessing this is a RO based system. Is it new or used?

What is your measured water pressure from tap? If its less than what the previous owner had, it will take longer to fill. Also, membranes gets clogged over time so it will produce less water. (You can clean or change the membrane of course).

Just for comparison, my tiny DIY RO system makes 200l in 12 hours or so, which is less than most, but works for me.

I'm guessing this is a RO based system. Is it new or used?
What is your measured water pressure from tap? If its less than what the previous owner had, it will take longer to fill. Also, membranes gets clogged over time so it will produce less water. (You can clean or change the membrane of course).

Just for comparison, my tiny DIY RO system makes 200l in 12 hours or so, which is less than most, but works for me.
Hi.. I'm matt I'm the brother doing all the work..lol! So the system is brand new only had it about 2 months.. The ppm under the tap is 295 once it's finally gone through the system it's great it comes out at 0.03 very impressed by that.. It's got a pressure tap on the ro but when I turn the tap nothing happens all it does is open the excess water valve.. He said if I lower the pressure of the excess the water going in to the tank should open up but it doesn't.. I do have a video of it all running & filling up but not sure if I can post it on here?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

The valve sounds like it may be for adjusting the pure to waste ratio, if so you want them to be equal 1:1 ratio

Two 25l drums with markings on the sides and measure it side by side, the end of your waste pipe into one, pure into the other and adjust until the barrels fill at the same time, I use brewing barrels as they have the markings and I already had them in the garage.

If you have too much pure or waste in can damage the membrane and you'll use loads of resin, so I hear anyway.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Back