Hose Reels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Apr 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Mine seems to have brakes fitted to it now and again and I have a frozen shoulder which hurts when reeling in. I would like one of these reels http://www.redashe.co.uk/Reelworks 460 hand cranked reels.html does anyone have a top of the range reel and how have you fixed it in your van? The one in the link has four holes for fixing, but how would you fix it apart from drilling through the floor and bolting it?

You sell these Alex Gardiner, how do you fix them? I have a ply lined floor.

Advertisement
  2. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

These reels need to be bolted/screwed down as they are not freestanding. If I was fitting one of these I would use 4 short stainless steel screws with stainless steel washers and screw them down into the ply floor.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Do you think 4 screws in a ply floor would hold this reel in place Alex Gardiner as the holes look quite close together in the pictures and to me it might topple over when winding in. Are they easier to reel in than the usual reels as I have a problem with my shoulder.

4. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

As long as the screws were tough enough, there should be no problem. We have not had any clients reporting issues from using these.

What reel are you using currently?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

tuffers i have put sheet of ply over my tank then i have put my reel on top fixed down with electricians strapping comes in reel cut off with plyers length you want
    ideal the reels havint moved at all

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

my reel is also pure freedom

8. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

#8 Alex Gardiner, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    We stopped selling those reels a couple of years ago because I did not like the action of them. They are not the easiest to use.

We currently sell these reels and they are very easy to reel in - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.u...al-freestanding-microbore-hose-reel-cart.html this would make your life a lot easier. They also come with two wall hanging clips which can be used to fix them down to the floor.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Thanks for that Alex. I use mini bore, so that reel wouldn't be any good to me?

10. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

If you reel on the Minibore very carefully, it will just fit.

Advertisement