Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help! Gooseneck on WFP?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Newtothegame

Hi guys, I'm just about to purchase a water fed pole and I'm stuck on one area.

It says Gooseneck and has a Plastic angle adapter or Gooseneck 9 and 12 double trim brush? I'm not really sure what that means or what I would need for that.

Any ideas on which of those I should go for?

Thanks,

Dave

A plastic angle adapter is simply a short section of plastic with a join in the middle which you can use to set the angle of your brush to the most suitable angle for the window. So if you were doing a velux, you would have it set at a right angle to the pole, but normally you would have it set at about 45 degrees. The goose neck is handy for getting accesss to windows, like dormer windows, which may be akward to get to because the edge of the roof sticks out below the window. It also might come in handy doing a velux if the garden doesnt allow you to go far enough back to get straight on it.

I have often thought a goose neck would be a handy thing to have, but after nearly three years i still dont have one, so it cant be that much of a miss!. I would just go for the angle adapter to start with, if you feel you need it, you can but a goose neck seperate at a later date.

Alternative to a gooseneck is screwing 2 plastic angle adaptors together :) works a treat for those odd jobs.

Latest Posts

Back