Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Quick- LoQ vs the UNI-VALVE

WCF

Help Support WCF:

T Doe

Evening guys.

Just a question regarding the on and off flow control on the gardiner poles vs the UNI-VALVE. Which is better?

I'm ordering the Slx 25 next week and it comes with the Quick-LoQ Gooseneck which i think is the on/off valve.

Think il try it out and see how I get on, but your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers guys

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The Q-loq Gooseneck and the Gooseneck Valve are two different things.  One is just a Q-loq gooseneck without flow control the other is both.  If you only have the Q-loq gooseneck, you will still need a flow control device of some sort, like the Univalve. 

Having used both, my preference is the Univalve as it needs no maintenance and in my view is easier to operate and more versatile.  The gooseneck needs regreasing from time to time and seems more susceptible to failure.  However, it is half the price and works well on a short pole. (up to 22 feet)

Again, this is my experience and may not be shared by others.

A word of advise: If it sticks when your pole is extended, don't push down on your pole any harder than you would to clean windows to try and steady the pole while you unstick it.  Collapse the pole and unstick it by hand or you may break the pole.

Guess how I know! :1f602:

I use both i prefer the univalve on all my poles, except my clx4 that as the gooseneck valve fitted,  it a lot quicker that the univalve on such a small pole and when doing bungalows this is my preferred choice.

only used the univalve because the gardiner valve doesn't work well with gardiner swivel necks which i love 

I use both i prefer the univalve on all my poles, except my clx4 that as the gooseneck valve fitted,  it a lot quicker that the univalve on such a small pole and when doing bungalows this is my preferred choice.

I preferred it too for ground work

only used the univalve because the gardiner valve doesn't work well with gardiner swivel necks which i love 

It can be done but there is a knack. I used it with the swivel to good effect. Unfortunately it only lasted about two months before it began to stick.  I took it apart, regreased it etc.  It worked again for a bit then started to stick again.  Unfortunately, before I took it off and popped the Univalve back in, I busted my pole trying to turn it on whilst extended.  So I wasn't impressed.

In all honesty I much prefer the univalve. I love Gardiners poles and brushes but the gooseneck valve isn't for me. I used to find it a pain trying to get it turned on on the windows above conservatories etc, and mine last a few month before it stopped flowing water. Bought a univalve and never looked back.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

in theory the gardiner gooseneck thing is better than the univalve- no hands off pole switch water on/off.  having tried it i couldn't get it to work, then was told to grease it- little bit of leeway- it is a new product. messed about with grease etc. which seemed to add mobility to it- felt it was putting strain on the clamps before as i was trying to get it to work/twist. pole is 1.5 years old.

reality, to get the ball bearings out i've ended up damaging the bloody thing, it's sitting here in a box somewhere, using it day to day i can't see it being as user friendly as the univalve.

in theory the gardiner gooseneck thing is better than the univalve- no hands off pole switch water on/off.  having tried it i couldn't get it to work, then was told to grease it- little bit of leeway- it is a new product. messed about with grease etc. which seemed to add mobility to it- felt it was putting strain on the clamps before as i was trying to get it to work/twist. pole is 1.5 years old.

reality, to get the ball bearings out i've ended up damaging the bloody thing, it's sitting here in a box somewhere, using it day to day i can't see it being as user friendly as the univalve.

Hi Dave

Pleas feel free to get in touch with our Customer Services who can provide you with a returns number and we can look at getting this unit replaced for you.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Think il go ahead with the uni valve.
Looking forward to using a modern pole, I'm currently using a aluminum tucker pole 15+ years old.
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks for the replies guys.
Think il go ahead with the uni valve.
Looking forward to using a modern pole, I'm currently using a aluminum tucker pole 15+ years old.
Thanks again

oh my lord you'll feel like your dancing around with a feather duster after an ally pole 

Im looking forward to testing it out this weekend with a few big jobs. One thing I won't miss is tightening each pole with the hand adjuster every time I extend/collapse the pole.

Univalve is a great investment. Use mine on a gardiner slx 18 and 25 and both are immediately transformed into money saving items. So far I'm saving about 10-12L per day while returning to my van/talking to customers etc (especially those that like to chat on your first window!).
Bit more pricey than the goose but no maintenance, easy to install, and operation is seamless. Highly recommended

thanks alex, have the backpack v3, indoor cleaning system, sill brush and slx pole from you- superb products, could just be me, just couldn't get on with it but others might love it. i guess everyones different.

Hi Dave

Pleas feel free to get in touch with our Customer Services who can provide you with a returns number and we can look at getting this unit replaced for you.

Back