Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Risk Of Ice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I always just count my losses and head home mate, u cant be scraping ice of windows after you,ve cleaned them and plus if a custie sees u scraping ice off glass after u cleaned it doesnt look too good and some could refuse to pay, so my advice just use the day to go leaflet dropping or canvassing

On customer houses we just carry on and do the work and just cloth over the doors and explain to them why you are doing it.

Commercial ones are different, if there are people walking by all the time then you can't really do it due to safety of them slipping, legally you can't put grit down ether. If it's a small place and you have to do it you could put towels or sheets down to catch as much water as possible.

-1 is the freezing point but if im ussing pure water whats the freezing point of that ????
good question, the same i think, i was out yesterday morining any it didnt seem that cold out but water still turned into ice when it was on a small path,

I think pure water woul freeze earlier as it has got less contaminants holding it off freezing.

Either way just crack in, use a few old towels and carry some grit for residential properties (I know you ain't meant to but hey ho)

The only time you stop is when the water freezes on the glass before

You can rinse it / squeegee it

Back