hot water or not

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Duncs, Feb 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

ok guys this has been on my mind for a while, whats your thought on hot water for WFP
    What is the advantages and disadvantages apart from keeping your hand warm on a winters day
    also can it perish the rubber seals round the windows

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

This has been well covered in other threads Duncs but in short it cleans WAY faster, keeps your hands warm and no it wont perish the rubbers any more than cold would.

Disadvantages - None - Some will shout 'THERMAL SHOCK' but this isn't the South Pole and only may apply for old school single pane windows, however if temperatures are that low that it's a risk you probably aren't going to out trying to clean them anyhow.

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

thanks green and how do you heat the water

4. Poles Apart

Never bothered me I keep my hands warm by wearing gloves, and if I've got a dirty job then I'll use virosol, if it's freezing I'll stop in bed.

5. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Hot water will make very little difference to maintance work in terms of speed and ease(the sort of glass that's hardly dirty)but it will make a difference on first cleans,con roofs,dirty fascia and the dirty stuff.

Unless you have a thermostat type system like a webasto these system won't keep you working in really cold weather as they can still freeze when sitting there over night.

I had a demo of one about 18months ago it was a good system and was impressive ,but was a very dear hand warmer.

6. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

i can think of five ways to heat the water duncs,all have there pro's and con's.
    a gas heater is the cheapest way to get into hot water-its drawback is the cost of gas as most windies are very tight they'll only put the gas on when its very cold they never see the full benifits.
    hot/warm water is a better cleaner than cold water so in effect you can work quicker it makes additives like say vision work more efficiently (above 28c)
    invest in a thermo controller from spring and the gas heater will keep your stystem from freezing overnight
    i use hot until the weather gets warmer because i use additives,thats my only reason really
    i think if you went for hot water you'd soon realise the difference and stay with hot

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

thanks green thats spot on had quick read thnrough the threads never relised it was heated with gas what a winnerthis will shift all the bird ****

9. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I'm tolling with the idea of going hot, well warm , still doing my research. Not sure if I want to do it myself though

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

No more complex than plugging in a hosepipe.

Advertisement