Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

missing a trick

Dave B

Staff member
I live in a town that has more window cleaners than i can think of and i know at least 20

Yet anyone who posts on facebook looking for a windie only gets 2 names constantly recommended

Me and @Adams0211

Is this because obviously we are the best around lol or others don't have a facebook presence (although i would have thought people would still recommend them)

It just seems a bit strange

Like today i got a job that had been on 2 seperate facebook groups and out of about 25 total responses 23 of them are mentioning me or Neil

Some people are missing a trick

I have 4 new jobs from it today and i know he has a few

Definitely

If only the customers knew we had been parked up chatting :turd: about window cleaning instead of working :rofl:

There is only one top window cleaning company on Stevenage.

To be honest I don't use Facebook for personal or business use and never have.

Unless it comes to me I'm not looking for any more work at the minute and even then I am only interested in commercial which Facebook is probably not the best for.

Stevenage is getting saturated with window cleaners one day last week I spotted 5 in an hour.

While there is still work about it is getting a lot harder to get a decent round together.

I like FB but a lot on there (in my area) are mostly the types you don't want, or get messed about by them after 1 or 2 cleans, I have a few that have been keepers but def a less percentage than the messers or ones expecting a fiver clean.

I don't really post to selling pages that much now, I just advertise "find us on Facebook" on my van and leaflets etc so thay can find me on there if they want to.

One thing alot of us are perhaps missing is the amount of signage cleaning required out there, I might work on getting involved in looking after them round my area, loads are filthy and I am sure if some one was doing them at a good price most businesses would go for it! I did a EE store last night in a high street once all the shoppers had gone, took me 5 minutes with nice hot steaming water melting all the **** off, was that quick it was embarrasing so I did there windows while I was there ! A nice 30 squid, then started looking at all the others in the high street and most really needed a good clean.

Perhaps food for thought for some of you WFP guys.

Gave up with FB. I only post in one group which has been a gold mine. All the others have been ****. I only use FB for SEO.

One thing alot of us are perhaps missing is the amount of signage cleaning required out there, I might work on getting involved in looking after them round my area, loads are filthy and I am sure if some one was doing them at a good price most businesses would go for it! I did a EE store last night in a high street once all the shoppers had gone, took me 5 minutes with nice hot steaming water melting all the **** off, was that quick it was embarrasing so I did there windows while I was there ! A nice 30 squid, then started looking at all the others in the high street and most really needed a good clean.
Perhaps food for thought for some of you WFP guys.
I clean quite a few shop for myself and various nationals.

All the work I do for the Nationals the signs are chucked in on the price and get done every quarter or six months.

EE have a national contract on the Windows the sign is probly included the one in Stevenage is cleaned so poor by them they get them Re cleaned by another local window cleaner meaning they pay out twice.

Nothing to do with advertising (as I don't anymore) but I'm seriously considering jacking facebook in. The amount of self absorbed people on there (including some of my mates) is unreal. Posting cack like "just taking the dog for a walk" or "feeling happy".....who gives a rats rectum!!!!!

The other post that pis$es me off are the location post without pictures or comments. Things like "Joe checked into chinkie chans Chinese restaurant". Only one reason they have posted this, is to show off, the vain, deluded bell ends. Rant done.

Nothing to do with advertising (as I don't anymore) but I'm seriously considering jacking facebook in. The amount of self absorbed people on there (including some of my mates) is unreal. Posting cack like "just taking the dog for a walk" or "feeling happy".....who gives a rats rectum!!!!!The other post that pis$es me off are the location post without pictures or comments. Things like "Joe checked into chinkie chans Chinese restaurant". Only one reason they have posted this, is to show off, the vain, deluded bell ends. Rant done.
With you there mate, mostly the same **** I see on my wall, my lady reckons the prolific every half hour updaters are simply crying out for help! I think she's possibly right you know.

I clean quite a few shop for myself and various nationals.All the work I do for the Nationals the signs are chucked in on the price and get done every quarter or six months.

EE have a national contract on the Windows the sign is probly included the one in Stevenage is cleaned so poor by them they get them Re cleaned by another local window cleaner meaning they pay out twice.
Interesting that as the sign I did at the EE store I did was quite dirty, glass wasnt that bad tbf but did it anyway while was there, only a single sized unit.

I made them aware of my services on the email with my invoice so I might get more work from them in the future.

Some shops have national contracts but still pay the local window cleaner so something may come of it for you.

EE is serviced by nationwide there standards are shocking they are supposed to clean are local one weekly yet the store still pays a local window cleaner to clean them weekly.

They are probly Ment to clean the sign they just don't bother which is a good thing as you probly got yourself an easy regular job.

I live in a town that has more window cleaners than i can think of and i know at least 20Yet anyone who posts on facebook looking for a windie only gets 2 names constantly recommended

Me and @Adams0211

Is this because obviously we are the best around lol or others don't have a facebook presence (although i would have thought people would still recommend them)

It just seems a bit strange

Like today i got a job that had been on 2 seperate facebook groups and out of about 25 total responses 23 of them are mentioning me or Neil

Some people are missing a trick

I have 4 new jobs from it today and i know he has a few
Out of all those 20 or so I think you would be surprised at how few are actively looking for customers. I've had many a custy call up desperate because they said that every windy they called had a full round.

Latest Posts

Back