Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GSS Window Cleaning

What's your routine for first cleans. I normally spray the windows and frames with a sprayer containing a strong ubik mix in then leave to soak for 5 mins, scrub rinse job done. what chemicals do you guys use. have had a few houses with mould on the frames that Ubik or TFR won't budge. any advice?

What's your routine for first cleans. I normally spray the windows and frames with a sprayer containing a strong ubik mix in then leave to soak for 5 mins, scrub rinse job done. what chemicals do you guys use. have had a few houses with mould on the frames that Ubik or TFR won't budge. any advice?
Unger rub out for frames. Haven't found a window I can't clean with it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use ubik or similar and spray a little on the brush with a spray bottle for tops or straight on the window on bottoms

There is no need to leave to soak though as it works fine straight away on frames etc

I only leave to soak if using it on fascias etc

Cream cleaners are typically abrasive I wouldn't dream of using a cream cleaner on frames I use Bar Keepers Friend which is a powder can be bought from Home Bargains for about £1.60 .

Back on the subject diluted Virosol mix spray on brush head for upstairs windows and quick spray on lower frames then give a good rinse of frames first then scrub and rinse as normal now I say as normal but as if they are quick work but I always take 2-3 longer but I charge 50% more on first cleans .

Back