Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

unger hiflo nlite extension

TommoTrueShineWCS

ive ordered an aluminium unger hiflo nlite extension, this gives me an extra three meters when fully extended, worth ~60 quid to throw on my trolley once a week...

will post back here on how it goes, for those thinking of grabbing one.

not sure whats not to get? i use both trad and wfp. this is a wfp post in the wfp section...

up until i get my new delivery im limited to 27 foot height (me plus pole) , after that comes, i'll be reaching 37, if its good enough as i may get another one to stack it higher to 47. any higher and i will have to get a better material pole.

nLite� connect ALUMINIUM

you can stack the extensions on this.

yeah, the Unger 6L Hydro DI. just to get me started, at least. im going to be either buying a second one or making a multibag unit as a pre-softener for my current vessel.

basically, when my unger 6L bags run high (10ppm output) i take them out of the Hydro and have them stored in buckets. using these would still bring the water's ppm down from the 310ppm that my tap gives. so making a 'softener' vessel for these old bags will make my new bags last longer.

i find the clamps on the Nlite pole to be good too, impossible to accidentally undo, but easy for shortening... just for an example, say you are cleaning a high, first storey window, that also happens to be about three metres in height, but have an obstruction behind you that means you cant clean the window at a single pole length. so you hit the top half out, open the clamp on the base section, you can guide the pole to the right height with your right hand and then just use your forearm briefly to close the clamp, which in the summer just saves time... but i can imagine it being nice not to have to fidget so much in the winter too.

the pole is quite good. very sturdy... i suppose it is heavy but i like the weight... its good exercise and after two weeks im already struggling to take my tshirt off because of muscle growth. but then im taking a lot of supplements to accommodate the strain of pulling a trolley around town all day and throwing an aluminium pole up the side of buildings.

seeing me go from a bucket and ladders to this setup has got me a lot of attention from the other windys in the area...

I've used Gardiner modular but never that high ! Surely There is a point where using a pole is not the right option - cradle , abseil , mobile platform etc

Max ive used is 4th floor. I actually aspire to be doing abseil work one day, I do love the heights. I doubt i'll go that high with aluminum... something about stirring the clouds with a metal stick does worry me with the lightning...

I did not say that gardiners pole was Alu. I was referring to the pole im using, the unger nlite Alu. I was saying how I would extend my pole but not that high. But that if i was to go that high i would have to change material to carbon...

I aware of there being many rules and a hard entry into abseiling but dreams arent supposed to be easily obtainable/short-term plans. I plan to get a new pole... a van... I aspire to do abseil cleaning... im not sure why this needed explaining tbh...

im not sure why this needed explaining tbh...
I also do not know why you felt the need to justify yourself, I was simply saying it is a carbon pole, was not saying you were saying it is aluminum. At the length that lad was at if you were trying to use aluminum you would be struggling.

As for my comments on abseil, I recently quoted some commercial jobs that require abseil work so had to do a bit of homework on it so was simply sharing what I had learnt from that.

In my mid 40s I do not aspire to dangle from buildings, 20 years ago I would have jumped at the chance. If it's your dream and you have the time to dedicate to it and the health to handle it then I am the first to say 'go jump off a building'

People always scoff at others efforts and dreams, usually cause they are too bone idle or scared to chase their own.

My immediate dreams are similar to your own, new van, new cafe racer project, perhaps an extra vacation next year, nothing to extravagant cause I am too lazy for extravagant.

No I got the wrong tone from green. I thought he was being slightly dismissive... I do apologise for that misread.

Fair play green that was funny though... about being the first to tell me to jump off a building. Actually made me and the mrs laugh.

As for abseil work, i know there will be serious preparations to make, but haven't done the homework yet, so any heads up are appreciated.

Ive many hurdles to jump before i get there... ive had to order this just for the new job I have, an ice cream parlour. Next week im buying a gooseneck for another job that wants me. The following week, some form of second DI vessel to act as a pre-softner for my hydro DI vessel, using old hydro 6L bags. Any suggestions for this?

Again, sorry if i got you wrong dude.

You can get a recon di vessel about £30 eBay

Can you open them Unger hi Flo bags and tip resin in to it

Also can you buy Unger resin from WCW £58 for 25L then fill up the hydro bag thingy ?

I'll check out the recon now and yeah, you can put resin into the hydro without a bag and I suppose ziptying a bag back up could work to re-use them.

I have to get a line plumbed to the back of the house before i can ro. Buying water seems pricey when i can already make it cheaper then what ive seen them selling for (£300+/1000L) so this is my limited choice for now.

Don't worry Green can be a right pain in the **** it's all the drugs he had in the 90s
Insulting someone that has your number on speed dial? Smart!! o_O

I have to get a line plumbed to the back of the house before i can ro
They make this stuff now called hose. You can run from front to back of house if you like.

Buying water seems pricey when i can already make it cheaper then what ive seen them selling for (£300+/1000L)
Where the hell you buying your water? Harrods?

Also on the abseil front I hear typical wage is £100 per day 'on the tools' hell of a lot of risk and training for such small reward.

Back