How big is your pole.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Clearvision, Apr 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Clearvision

Clearvision cleaning since 2015

What is your longest pole? How many stories can it reach and how much did you pay for it ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Currently in my armoury I have a 4ft mini pole (2ft collapsed length) a 22ft pocket pole (my everyday pole) a 25ft pole, 30ft pole, and a 55ft pole that rarely gets used, done a few solar panel cleans with it, but it's there for anything that comes my way 4 stories to 6 stories high.

3. Clearvision

Is it hard to handle ? That's a big pole to lift fully extended ? How much did it cost you ?

4. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I guess it is hard to handle if your not used to it or not that strong upper body, will vary depending on what your cleaning and at what angle, I'd rather it stay in my van tbh as I love just doing standard homes with my 22ft, but will use it for the right job and the right £££. Think it was around £750 plus the vat. Personally I'd not buy one till you have secured work for it's use, thats what I would do if I did it again as I bought mine in with a system.

5. Clearvision

Oh right because I've been offered a brand new 65ft for 275 and haven't got work for it but I don't want to let the deal slip

6. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

What pole is it? Seems cheap mate, you don't want to buy a **** quality pole at that length or it will be a nightmare to handle.

7. Clearvision

Ionic 65ft one of my mates brought it for a big job used it once and then made his money on the job and lost the contract and just wants the money back from it

8. Clearvision

9. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Why did he loose his contract after one clean?

theres been a few of them coming up for sale, seems ok for that money if it's in good condition, not a fan of Ionic poles myself, there well overpriced and not as light and user friendly as others on the market. But at £275 I'd prob buy one. But can you see yourself needing it? I'd be tempted to re sell it on eBay if I bought a mint 65ft Ionic at that price.

10. Clearvision

Would open up a window ( pardon the pun) to doing higher work. At the minute I can only do 2-3 stories if it's straight up nothing n the way and also solar panel cleaning

Advertisement