How (Can) We Store Pure Water ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by sdrah, Dec 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Hiya -

i'm in transition from trad to wfp - and i'd like to ask for some advice - i am planning to DIY a small RO system may be + a DI - to produce some pure water to get started with WFP .

My question is - can i store the water after purification - so it will be pure even after a month or so ? I mean - if i get a new 500 liter plastic container - and i'll fill it with pure water - will it be in 'pure' conditions - ready to use for window cleaning - after a certain time ?

thanks a lot

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

As long as the sun can't get to it ie not a see through container it will store for quite a long time.

If it is see through or opaque just paint it or keep it covered mate.

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

yeah - im gonna keep it in a dark shed

and to be sure the water is still in 'shape' i can run a TDS test before any cleaning i think ?! just for peace of mind ?

thanks for your help Dodger

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

No problem mate, just passing on what I've learned from the other guys on the forum.

5. chip

chip Guru

I do. Only cover with a sheet and not completely at that, cleaned the ibc the other week and there wasa lot of gunk clung to the walls and floor, had been like it for some time but didnt seem to affect anything as far as working was concerned. There's always a few hundred litres in there.

6. Squeak and Bubbles

Use an IBC tank. If you look around you can pick one up for free. Just make use its been washed out.

7. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

If you do go Black IBC, make sure its on 18" Blocks, many are now cutting and fitting an Immersion to help with minus temps, or in the space underneathe a small oild filled rad.

8. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

I suppose because its got baffles built in and doesnt ned a frame ! and possible easier to strap in, when fixing into a van mount ?

Oh and the water stays useable if kept in the dark, I still have a drum thats 10 years old :rolleyes: bit pongy but still 000

9. sdrah

sdrah Guest

10 years old ? wow - you should use it in 2013 - and charge twice as much cos' of the 'quality' lol

May i ask you another question : P - sorry im new to all this .

The system itself - RO & DI - better said the filters and resin etc - does they come with an expire date - so even if you dont use them , then after a 6 months or so you need to replace them ? or is all about how much water you run through the system ?

Advertisement