How did you come up with your business name

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Gav, Jul 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

So i have been doing a bit of research recently and have come across some different business names outside of the usual area based business names.

So got me thinking how did you come up with your business name (if it is a little different) do you think its important to have a specific area as your business name or do you like i feel that that might be a bit limiting?

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Well i am a mr and i use a squeegee..hence mr squeegee
    It does what it says on the tin
    Gott change it to mr long pole with brush on end now

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I did a lot of thinking and brain storming, competition is high round my way so had to stand out, had to be memorable, had to be different and look good...

Depends where you are and how professional you want to be I suppose...

I used to just be my my initials beifre I went down the marketing road..

4. TolishAPurd

I just used my second name. I think it shows a level of honesty when you put your name to it.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

wanted summat dead simple +a tad memorable with my name so i chose Jonny Windows

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I like your name. After seeing your logo. I wondered how you came up with that Jake I was looking the other day for ideas for myself when I eventually got back into it. It's so hard to get a name that stands out and no others are using. Every one I thought of others are using.

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I just thought one night about the meaning of certain words, and zeal popped into my mind, means passion, and is very different, and easy to remember...

Best thing to do is look through the dictionary at words... Sounds daft but flick through and just see what catches your eye!

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ha I like it. It's funny you look at words and think that they would be odd for window cleaning. Yet seeing your name with the logo it does not seem odd. Will have to get my thinking cap on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Lol yeah it's kind of weird isn't it, it's like anything I suppose, once it's been 'branded' it jus suddenly fits!

It's like 'apple' when you think about it, an apple doesn't really have anything to do with computers, but it's just seems right now!

It could have been called 'crab' and we wouldn't know any different, it would have just felt right lol!

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I went with my second name, after much pondering it just seems non gimicky and clean.

Thompson Professional Cleaning Services

(added the professional as theres another thompson cleaning fairly local although it should be amateur to be honest)

Advertisement