Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Moan About The Wind

Dodger

Well it's a beautiful day outside in Notts today, BUT, I've just almost been blown off my ladder.

Yes I hate ladder bashing but this morning was beyond a joke, first window it wasn't too bad so held sill with one hand lol and cleaned with other, second window did same and then the gust came and seriously I only just held on.

I love doing trad and I'm not going to stop but I've seriously got to step up my water production, from today if wind speeds are above a certain level the pole is out. Ladders are safe but not today so I've come home for a cuppa to calm my nerves and then gonna go and do my commercial stuff round corner cos it's all ground floor.

I'm guessing by forecasts that most of week is gonna be same so I'll try and fix the Harris later (I split it at top where I cut it for wide hose) and use up all the harvested water I have tomorrow on tops, I had enough to last all month for the windows I need it for but thats gone out the window so to speak.

Gonna work on a letter for all my custies as well later explaining why I'm doing this, most will understand and the pensioners that hate pole will have to put up with downstairs only if it's not safe.

Moan over, please no ladder bashing I still love doing trad and won't stop but day's like today, absolutely.

If the wind is high then wfp is no good either as **** can get blown onto wet glass. Mind you if it's raining at the time then doesn't make much difference. :rolleyes:

Was this you today? :lol: You plonker rodney /emoticons/biggrin.png

its bad mate when you get a gush like that ive had it not good holding onto the window cill lol,to be honest mate im getting sick of using ladders lately when my work picks up im using a backpack for tops.

haha no I wouldn't go up in the first place if it was like that. I thought it was ok but then gusts started blowing so that was that, still apart from that it's a beaut of a day just been and done half a dozen ground floor jobs and loved it catching some rays.

Keep it simple.... :rolleyes:

Now dodger tell me window cleaning like that using a ladder is not dagerous /emoticons/biggrin.png

Keep it simple.... :rolleyes:
Now dodger tell me window cleaning like that using a ladder is not dagerous /emoticons/biggrin.png

That ladders not dangerous! Can't say the same for the owner though /emoticons/biggrin.png

At least he has managed to grow old unlike some /emoticons/biggrin.png

Did you notice the old boy has fitted ladder feet to the bottom of the ladder so guess it makes it safer :rolleyes:

Yeah clear skys here today but gusty as hell, didnt even touch my ladder clamps today, poled all tops,wernt taking any chances with that wind!

/emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D Ive had wind all day tooooo.... /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

Oh dear me :lol: pity your hubby tonight then as will be saying something like "for god sake woman open a flipping window" /emoticons/biggrin.png

/emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D Ive had wind all day tooooo.... /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

Oh dear me :lol: pity your hubby tonight then as will be saying something like "for god sake woman open a flipping window" /emoticons/biggrin.png
I meant gusts of wind as live on the coast. Silly billy you.!!!! /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/tongue.png :p /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/tongue.png hee hee

I was lead straight into that one :rolleyes: Sorry forgot ladies never break wind do they :lol:

I've got an unger pole you can borrow for a bit till you sort the Harris if you like, or if you fancy lighter a converted fishing pole, albeit modular

Cheers for the offer Chip was appreciated, I got the Harris sorted for now it should hold till I get my new one now.

Really appreciated though mate!!

I went out, was fine on windows, apart from one, hate those windows where there is no real sil to hold onto!

I was fine till I was crossing a busy road, being 9 half stone thought I was gonna fly with my ladders!

so embaressing too cause everyone saw me on the busy road! :unsure:

Mind ya, I saw two lads my age window cleaning both with ladders on the same house! :mellow:

Back