How Do I Get In With The Council

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Neil, Jan 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Whats the best way to get some work from the council ?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

the easiest way is to be a national company that is willing to work at dirt cheap prices. Hold all sorts of training depending on jobs,

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Oh well thats that down the drain lol

4. Iain

Iain Guru

Councils are required by law to advertise their tenders. You can subscribe to a service such as Tenders Direct but this is about £700 a year last time I checked!

Search for European Journal or OJEU. This is where you'll find all of the tenders.

Councils will probably want to work with facilities management companies so your best bet would be to find out which FM company works for the council that you want to work with and approach them directly.

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i use to work for the council, i got it by phoning up, (1 job 5 windows) but they advertise there tenders then go with the same people, on the big jobs that you want, i wouldnt waste my time with them, as you can have every qual going that they need but you dont play golf with them, a lot of the time they will have a big contractor who covers 95 of there stuff and 4 or 5 little guys to do the other 5 that way they look like they spread the work, plus they can say only the big guy can cover all the work as the others are too small

6. A.K WINDOWS

they take for ever to pay and you gotta work for very cheap why do you think you see different contactors every year doing the same job.

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Thats true, i might give the council a miss then lol sounds like hassle. I will just stick to emailing care homes and offices

8. A.K WINDOWS

best way most schools will be council payments also i waited 5 months for payment of a school lol.

Advertisement