Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working In Rain?

JBC88

Hey all newbie here...in recent years the weather has been pretty naff over all wet summers cold snow filled winters.if thinks continue im considering working in rain cos its getting harder to make a living without weather holding you back.

Do you ever work in rain?

What do you say to your customers to convince them cleaning in rain wont mucky windows straight away?

Im wary of losing customers if i do it but fact is we are cleaning last months muck off windows not the muck thats hasnt built up on window yet lol..but dont think customers would have it if i said that.

What do you think?

I clean in rain all the time /emoticons/smile.png i cleaned in very heavy rain a few tyms aswell /emoticons/tongue.png

Had a few customers saying its raining i say to them it wont make a difference if ur not happy call me n ill redo em for free /emoticons/smile.png

On the other hand 1 customer wouldnt hav it so i jus dumped her n replaced

Yeah i work in light rain but not heavy lol..im gonna go for it n see how they react.i suppose if i say ill do them again foe free if not happy with clean then it adds weight toy argument.

If I have to I will, trad only very light but I've done it in torrential on first cleans when it's more about the frames than the glass. WFP I might clean in moderate rain as long as its not windy.

Put it this way if I don't work when it's raining then I would do very little.

Heavy rain, high winds, freezing temps and snow/ice is my biggest headache to be honest.

Hey all newbie here...in recent years the weather has been pretty naff over all wet summers cold snow filled winters.if thinks continue im considering working in rain cos its getting harder to make a living without weather holding you back.
Do you ever work in rain?

What do you say to your customers to convince them cleaning in rain wont mucky windows straight away?

Im wary of losing customers if i do it but fact is we are cleaning last months muck off windows not the muck thats hasnt built up on window yet lol..but dont think customers would have it if i said that.

What do you think?
Just get them cleaned mate dont worrry about it, i find that a 1 or 2 customers can be a bit funny about it but for me them type of customers are not worth bothering about if you loose them you loose them, there's always other customers round the corner.
If you didnt work every time it looked like rain or didnt work when it rains you would never work. When i first started last year i used to worry about it but now i just get them done.

I clean in rain all the time /emoticons/smile.png i cleaned in very heavy rain a few tyms aswell /emoticons/tongue.png
Had a few customers saying its raining i say to them it wont make a difference if ur not happy call me n ill redo em for free /emoticons/smile.png

On the other hand 1 customer wouldnt hav it so i jus dumped her n replaced
Thats what ive done to a couple of customer when they have turned me away because of the weather. DUMP EM, not worth the hassle.

Thats what ive done to a couple of customer when they have turned me away because of the weather. DUMP EM, not worth the hassle.
people are scared to lose customers but the way i see it is your chucking all the messers away ive got customers now that when i clean in the rain they look at me and say bet ur cold i go yeah lol gotta be done tho the women goes to me ... yeah it has otherwise u wouldnt be able to pay ya bills

lol i was like thats what u call a class customer

most my of customers dont mind me cleaning in the rain they dont say anything it was once shotting it down with rain very heavy rain coming down fast and it was miserable as and this was the worst rain i worked in since i started and the man paying me afterwards says to me bet your wet arent ya ! having a little banter lol

dont want customers who dont allow u to clean in the rain and just want it done on a sunny day ... deal with them now and its better long term /emoticons/wink.png

I don't work in a downpour ever, hate the rain, don't mind drizzle(well I hate that, its worse but workable lol)

No different than cleaning their windows and it raining 10 mins later..
Yeah thats the weird thing about people you can clean in fine weather n it rain later in day or week n they are fine with it come collecting time on friday yet they get funny if you are cleanibg whilst its raining...i think ill start saying aswell that window cleaners are having to do it now to earn living aswell.if it becomes standard and we can convince people that a days rain wont spoil windows then we are onto a winner with the weather.

people are scared to lose customers but the way i see it is your chucking all the messers away ive got customers now that when i clean in the rain they look at me and say bet ur cold i go yeah lol gotta be done tho the women goes to me ... yeah it has otherwise u wouldnt be able to pay ya bills
lol i was like thats what u call a class customer

most my of customers dont mind me cleaning in the rain they dont say anything it was once shotting it down with rain very heavy rain coming down fast and it was miserable as and this was the worst rain i worked in since i started and the man paying me afterwards says to me bet your wet arent ya ! having a little banter lol

dont want customers who dont allow u to clean in the rain and just want it done on a sunny day ... deal with them now and its better long term /emoticons/wink.png
Thats so true mate, if they turn you away when its raining dump em, there not worth the hassle.

Thats so true mate, if they turn you away when its raining dump em, there not worth the hassle.
Cant afford to be messed about by people saying not this time.... i had 1 customer the other day... this persons a very good customer and he texted me saying not today please.... i thought huh ? this isnt like that person i would of toke them off but i know who my good customers are and who my bad are..

this customer was a good customer and i knew they had a problem.... so i got back cleaning their neighbours house he calls me over can u clean it please ? i go why did u say no ? lol he goes cos we never got your text till the morning and we were out we just got back.... i go okay lol no problem

if their bad payers and they take the pi** then i take them off straight away /emoticons/smile.png i want good customers thats all lol

Cant afford to be messed about by people saying not this time.... i had 1 customer the other day... this persons a very good customer and he texted me saying not today please.... i thought huh ? this isnt like that person i would of toke them off but i know who my good customers are and who my bad are..
this customer was a good customer and i knew they had a problem.... so i got back cleaning their neighbours house he calls me over can u clean it please ? i go why did u say no ? lol he goes cos we never got your text till the morning and we were out we just got back.... i go okay lol no problem

if their bad payers and they take the pi** then i take them off straight away /emoticons/smile.png i want good customers thats all lol
Same as mate.

Back