How do u price your houses up?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by harunh, May 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

I price mine up by how long it will take me to do one job.

Because am a new window cleaner am a bit slow with the WFP but ive only worked with it for 2 days... and on my 2nd day i felt much better then the first day ! :D

I charge a customer £8.00 for his house.. with a conservatory and that should take me 20 minutes to do once i pick up my speed

I also charge another customer £10.00 for the same type of house but with a few extra windows, this should take me 25-30 minutes to clean once i pick up my speed :)

Then ive got a few houses that i charge 5,6 pound for.... which will take me about 15-20 minutes to clean.

And i got a few houses that i just do the front for 4-5 pound and this should take me only about 10 minutes !

I like to price my jobs up by how long it is going to take me instead of how many windows.

Advertisement
  2. Time is the best way although as you pick up more customers you'll prob get a bit more ruthless. I now start at £10 for most houses and only go lower if the custy is swaying. Anything that looks like it'll take a bit more time is obv more, and conservatorys are def a few £ extra. It all depends with what you want to earn a day etc.

3. laddergarder

We just price by the window. Windows cost more of less depending on the number of panes. Pains with lead are dearer again. We are trad mind you.

4. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

I price by how long it will take and how nice the customer seems to be

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I'm pricing by just trying to get away with what i think i can get out of a custy tbh
    I did a glass and frames yesterday for £15.00 on a detached house i think it took me around 40 mins thats trad aswell
    it was a new build so was pretty straight forward tbh .
    But next time should only take me 15 maybe 20 mins .

6. Paul

Paul Guest

I price per window if it's got a conservatory my price starts at £6 for a conny then the windows on top of that, all my houses with connys are between £12 and £20

7. A.K WINDOWS

80p per windwow
    £1 leaded
    £5 connys
    french doors £1

do not charge by how long it will take you this is the best way and you should be hitting £20ph easy within 4 or 5 months once you have the speed.

8. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

£1 per window
    £2 bay window
    £1 door
    £5 conny
    but then again I just picked up a rural house with 8 windows and I'm charging them £20

9. paulio

paulio Active Member

What do you guys class as a window? Would you charge the same for a 3 pane window as you would a 2 pane or 1 pane window?

10. A.K WINDOWS

when i look at a window say a bedroom window that is 80p same with a kitchen window.normaly they have two panes say the main pain then the sash.

Advertisement