Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to remove

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

philb

Doing a first clean and come across some black marks & tree sapling bits stuck to white aluminium doors - how would you get them off? 

Thanks

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_4404.JPG

Absolute nightmare, had a few on cladding and window frames sills, best thing I have used is unger rub out and magic sponge, never totally remove the marks but dulled them down them plenty of elbow grease, I have a big job weekend coming up soon and it these etched in along part on the soffit I have already explained that there not much I can do about it.

That's the remains of Ivy that's been removed. Its not your problem. The roots if Ivy impregnate themselves into the plastic. The frames are damaged.

You might be able to remove them with abrasive means, but you run the risk of removing the outer polished layer of the frame.

Don't get involved is my advice. We have cleaned some windows for the past 10 years that had Ivy growing on them and then removed. The roots are still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the remains of Ivy that's been removed. Its not your problem. The roots if Ivy impregnate themselves into the plastic. The frames are damaged.

You might be able to remove them with abrasive means, but you run the risk of removing the outer polished layer of the frame.

Don't get involved is my advice. We have cleaned some windows for the past 10 years that had Ivy growing on them and then removed. The roots are still there.

Where's the agree button gone?

spruce is correct.

Back