How do you clean big window on the second floor

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rshandyman, Sep 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

how do you clean big window on the second floor if you cannot reach all of the glass in one go from the ladder ( traditional method only)?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Short handle extension pole. Or break the window up into 2 or more sections, making sure you overlap so you don't miss anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

that is what I do break in to part, only problem is that you need to go down and move ladder again:confused:

4. TolishAPurd

Its the same with everything-so long as you price it right then you're ok. If you normally charge a pound a window, but you have to move your ladder 4 times, then the price should be £4.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Sometimes if you put the ladder above the wimdow it gives the extra reach to do it all from the 1 place

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

You cannot charge what you want, 'wfp cleaners' charge so little that I cannot compete because they can clean one window in 20 seconds...ladders take much longer to setup on second floor...

7. TolishAPurd

You don't always need to compete on price. I have customers whinge at the price all the time, but I just stick to my guns, if they were to mention what another cleaner (WFP) was charging, then I would explain that it takes me longer since I am nose to glass working on the little details- in other words selling my service.

Luckily around here the pole cleaners charge the same as trad or in some cases more.

8. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

In my area they are chep. Commercial block of flats- 6 of them 3 bedroom ones.2 story with balconies-58 pounds...custys think about what they pay most of the time not many care what method.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Wfp boys round here charge more and 1 company in question I get nothing but complaints about and asked for my card while tradding next door
    nothing against wfp but the same with trad..if you're gonna do a job do it PROPERLY

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

round my way the wfpolers charge more

Advertisement