how do you clean interior windows?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by sweetercleanz, Mar 16, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. what method do you use for interior window cleaning i used a glass polish today for my first interior clean and it wasnt the best idea :-/

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

I hate it when people use windolene or glass cleaner,it just smears and looks horrible in the sun.
    I clean insides traditionally with a squeegee and applicator little bit of detergent in the water or spray pure water on and wipe with a micro fibre clothe

3. yeah was thinking about traditional way but didnt want a bucket on there carperts? or do u just have a damp applicator? ill never use glass cleaner/polishes again. i kept going round and seing more smeares, it was a ***htmare..

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Take a spray bottle and wet the window and applicator.I always put a dust sheet down amazing the amount of dirty water comes off the inside of windows and I dont dont do carpet cleaning

5. ahh perfect cheers mate for the advice. ill do that next time, should haveposted on my phone whilst at the job today ;)

6. greenclean

greenclean Guest

we use glass cleaner and it never smears if you clean the windows first. from what i understand the smearing is the dirt showing up that you haven't cleaned off fully.

7. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

E-cloth glass cleaning cloth set. Can't beat them. ;0) (from Tesco)

8. dpfocragib

dpfocragib Guest

all you have to do is just take an spray bottle of some good cleaner like see spray and then spray it on your windows then wait for some time after that clean it with some newspaper or cotton
    may be this will you

9. greenclean

greenclean Guest

only trouble with e-cloth is they can be way over priced. pound shop usually have them and that's the cheapest i can find them. supermarkets can be as high as £10!!!

10. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Unger do large good quality microfibre cloths called "unger micro cloths" at £4 each if you buy 5.
    http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/cloths.html

Advertisement