Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats The Best Brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sunnybrae

Hi everyone, I've been window cleaning now for 3 months and need to replace the brushes. The brushes I've got are Vikan ones but not knowing anything about brushes are there better ones out there? Any tips would be great, thanks, Mike

Gardiners brushes are great. I used to use Vikan but would never go back after using Gardiners.

They are so light (esp the sill brushes) and work brilliantly. There's a vast selection on their website, check it out.

I have just used up a sill brush and had to put my standard brush back on for a week while my new one was being delivered.... I sure miss the hi lo brush.

I placed an order with Gardiner yesterday for 3 brushes - the xtreme medium mixed, the super lite extreme flocked and a super lite radius-sill dual trim medium.

Hi everyone, I've been window cleaning now for 3 months and need to replace the brushes. The brushes I've got are Vikan ones but not knowing anything about brushes are there better ones out there? Any tips would be great, thanks, Mike

Personally I wouldn’t have recommended buying 3 brushes with the same type of monofilament, unless they are for others to use who you are working with.

It’s easy to answer which type of wfp brushes you will need for work; the first thing is to decide on which brush – this means which bristles / monofilaments.

The 2 basic types are:

A brush with low or non absorbent filament (polyester filament) for regular maintenance cleans is recommended. These types of monofilament are usually finer and are very quick to use. The need for final rinse is also reduced.

A wfp brush with an absorbent filament (Nylon filament) will give you better scrubbing ability as it will retain water, the monofilament on these brushes tend to be thicker and are ideal for initial cleans, the final rinse should always be done with theses types of monofilament.

A third option, and an excellent brush to have as part of your kit, is the Boars Hair brush, the only real choice to use for self cleaning glass, pollen left on the glass by insects, conser roofs etc because of its brilliant scrubbing ability having one of these is a must

Richard

Personally I wouldn’t have recommended buying 3 brushes with the same type of monofilament, unless they are for others to use who you are working with.

It’s easy to answer which type of wfp brushes you will need for work; the first thing is to decide on which brush – this means which bristles / monofilaments.

The 2 basic types are:

A brush with low or non absorbent filament (polyester filament) for regular maintenance cleans is recommended. These types of monofilament are usually finer and are very quick to use. The need for final rinse is also reduced.

A wfp brush with an absorbent filament (Nylon filament) will give you better scrubbing ability as it will retain water, the monofilament on these brushes tend to be thicker and are ideal for initial cleans, the final rinse should always be done with theses types of monofilament.

A third option, and an excellent brush to have as part of your kit, is the Boars Hair brush, the only real choice to use for self cleaning glass, pollen left on the glass by insects, conser roofs etc because of its brilliant scrubbing ability having one of these is a must

Richard

Good advice mate

Have you ever read the manufacturers guidelines for cleaning this type of glass? Surf your way over to Pilkingtons website when you have some time to kill, there is some very interesting information on there which may give cause for concern.

Thanks for all the advice, I also bought a CLX 10 pole so the 3 brushes & pole came to just over £170.00. They've just turned up today so I very pleased with the service Gardiners give. Fedex from one end of the country to the other in a day and a half! Compared to the poles & brushes I already had, these new ones are so light, I can't wait to use them.

There's 2 of us that do the round so the 3 brushes were for a long pole and 2 short poles. Most of the houses on the round are single storey and a 20ft pole reaches the highest window we have!

Forgot to say I'm now thinking of getting a clx 22 as a quick weigh of the old 20ft pole will make a clx22 about a kilo lighter!

Back