How do you fill a DI canister

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slic, Aug 14, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slic

slic Guest

Finished building my system in my van yesterday and just need to wire it today and conect the DI canister. I know how much to put in but not sure until I try how full it will be. The long pipe inside the can has a largish bit on the bottom to spread the water out. I assume I need to fill it with resin with as much of this pipe inside the can as I can.
    thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Just a tip - when you have filled it with resin (about 1.5 inches from the top) - put a bit of pure water in -to about 1/2" above the resin - then the riser tube will go in much easier(use a side-to-side twisting motion as you push down).

Dave

3. slic

slic Guest

It worked fantastic, thanks.

4. baggypu55

baggypu55 Guest

hi how long does it take for the water to read 00 when taking from tap to di vessel with new resin have filled 4 25 lt drums still reading 12 any suggestions ta

5. slic

slic Guest

my tap water is below 50ppm. I have one 7ltr canister which was reading 000 almost straight away. In the future until I get enough custumers I will be getting my water from my brothers RO system.

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Baggypu55,

Would check that the riser tube that fits into the top of the pressure vessel is well seated - if this is not a watertight seal, then some water can exit the system without going through the resin - leading to an increase in tds.

Dave

7. MathewL

MathewL Guest

You know everything and it is right too. Just go ahead and do it.

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

I give a good shake and let it settle,just had to change mine at the weekend.

Advertisement