How do you guys deal with these bars?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Vortexjim, May 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Vortexjim

Vortexjim Member

Hi folks,
    Just been asked to quote a house and some of the top windows have these ridiculous bars across the bottom.
    I've always wondered how they are dealt with. What do you guys do to get round them? image.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

Customers must be in, doors / windows open into the house and then trad them.

Failing that then that should be reachable with a ladder so trad it from the outside if customers aren't in ......either way they are a pain in the axxe!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That type of Juliet balcony bars you are basically screwed to try wfp the glass properly. Most vertical bars you can get a brush in but sadly not those.

4. Vortexjim

Vortexjim Member

Thanks guys, thought as much!
    Will see what I can sort out for access and take it from there.
    Means I can add more to price though :thumbsup:

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

You can do them with a ladder mate when customers aren't in, waiting for access is just a hassle when you can do it from outside, your hand will fit through there no problem, i've got a load of houses with verticle ones three times the height of your ones, 2 or 3 on a house and we manage it ok. It's a pain but manageable, but it would be more pain waiting for people to be home before you could do them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Vortexjim

Vortexjim Member

The problem I have Kev is I'm working completely without ladders at the moment. (Reaching everything with an slx22)
    I have one of those folding ladders that folds in to 4 if you know what I mean, but it's far from safe and I'm limited with what I can do until I've got the van on the road next month. Its all trying to build the bucks and customer base up so I can afford to kit it out properly. I'm going slow N steady with it all, no point spending loads at first when I havent got the customers to fund it all back.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You also want to try to avoid using ladders as much as you can too as there should be loads of easier wfp work out there for you to be getting on with.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Alternatively why not just tell them straight you can wfp up to the bars and spray pure water down the rest of the glass but that is the best you could do.

9. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

just put ladder up and trad it price acordinly for it

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Sorry i didn't realise you never had ladders, but if i was you i would try and get ladders from somewhere if it is holding you back i.e preventing you from earning, especially if you have got to make do with the work you have got

Advertisement