Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Too much pressure on twin DI's

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alien Human

Evening all,

For those that have got twin di vessels set up in their van.......

(esp @SPCleaning & @♠Winp®oClean♠!)

I've got loads of pressure building up in the vessels and am all out of ideas....

I've tried:

Lowering di levels in each vessel so that there's more room for it to 'mix'

Making sure both vessels are completely topped up with water

Have taped both hose locks and vessels (which has stopped leaks as the pressure build up was too much for them)

So..........what the funk else could it be. (Recalibrate pump?, the freezing temps?, something up with the hose?)

Thanks v much in advance - it's been a brutal day /emoticons/sad.png

What is happening when pressure builds?

I don't know the answer but I'll tell about my set up and see if anything jumps out at you.

Controller is a 'Spring' type, I run flow at 65 and calibrated to 45.

400 ltr flat tank, hose (yellow garden hose) from tank to in-line filter, hose from filter to pump. Hose then to DI/1, then to DI/2, then to reel.

I use ptfe tape on all DI connections and I use brass hoseloc type fittings.

What is happening when pressure builds?

I don't know the answer but I'll tell about my set up and see if anything jumps out at you.

Controller is a 'Spring' type, I run flow at 65 and calibrated to 45.

400 ltr flat tank, hose (yellow garden hose) from tank to in-line filter, hose from filter to pump. Hose then to DI/1, then to DI/2, then to reel.

I use ptfe tape on all DI connections and I use brass hoseloc type fittings.
Hmmmm....sounds similar to mine.

But I reckon it's worth checking the calibration level. Cheers SPC!

One of the best things you can do to virtually eliminate air ingress into the system is to fit a non-return valve just after the tank outlet. The other thing to do is clean pump strainer and any strainers on the DI riser tubes (clean the slits with an old tooth brush). After this set your pressure calibration. Usually you have to increase it for colder temperatures- have you been using heated water at all?

One of the best things you can do to virtually eliminate air ingress into the system is to fit a non-return valve just after the tank outlet. The other thing to do is clean pump strainer and any strainers on the DI riser tubes (clean the slits with an old tooth brush). After this set your pressure calibration. Usually you have to increase it for colder temperatures- have you been using heated water at all?

Some good points there.....

Cold water mate.....issue seems to have got worse as the temperatures have dropped the last week or so.

Latest Posts

Back