How do you guys deal with window vents?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by choco, Aug 4, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. choco

choco Member

A lot of my first cleans on windows with vents have come out a right mess. I spend a lot of time scrubbing them, and rinsing first clean. Come back later that night and there's a lot of drip marks. Windows without the vents are perfect? Does this normally just happen first clean? My mate who works with me doesnt touch them with the pole but they come out perfect, to me it seems lazy and half arsed though, but it works.. any tips, or should i just not touch them as well?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends what state they are in and where the vents are to be honest if I clean around the vent opening or not.

3. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

I only clean the frames to the sides & bit underneath carefully on the upstairs windows. On the downstairs windows I always use a damp sill cloth every 2/3 cleans.

4. cheapncheerful

yep i new to wfp but vents defo dodgy.:eek:..the sh it it comes for ever....best to miss em if you can....but kinda hard to do twenty foot up...:D

5. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I very rarely clean a top frame at all- especially any with vents in. Over 10 years wfp & never had a complaint about the top frame!!;)

6. cheapncheerful

that will do for me ♠Winp®oClean♠..dodge em from now on...:D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Good grief they must be filthy by now :D

8. cheapncheerful

its okay there no longer vents....no draughts any more happy customers...

9. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I do clean the vents, but if the side bits of the vent with the screws are discolored beware! The discoloration means the plastic is aged, weak and will snap off easily - be warned. These side bits of the vents are made with a different type of plastic are do become brittle.

Anyway, back to cleaning them… if you give them a good clean the first time, you normally don't have an issue subsequent cleans.

I always go back over first cleans for a 2nd rinse after the whole house is done. When I do this, I don't touch the frame with my rinse and am especially careful not to touch the top frame. This works for me.

10. Poles Apart

This is where fans make a right mess

Advertisement