How Do You Make A Wheelie Bin Washing Trailer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Apr 8, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

For those that want to have a go at building a wheelie bin washing trailer like me do any of you chaps on here already built one.

If so could you kindly share some info and pics and how you went about building it also were to get the various parts needed and consumables you use.

Many thanks....

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

unless you have a lot of experience as a fabricator or metal work i personally wouldnt want the trouble , did you search online for a second hand trailer as ive seen a few on in the past that sell very reasonable , mine was purpose built by freshbins and is a very reliable bit of kit.

3. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i also meant to say it might be worth a test canvas of your area to see is there a demand and also what sort of prices are the competition charging as ive read on forums that theres companys in the uk charging as little as 1.50 per bin , now ive seen some companys getting 3.50 to 4 quid a bin pending the area your in

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks mr shine but I don't want to speed thousands on a wheelie bin trailer so thought I would have a go a making one myself.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You know how I price my services so will defo not be competing with numpties like that... :laugh:

Just want to have a play really to offer it to my exsisting customer base so not really that interested if it takes off or not.

6. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Smurf I dont know about how to build one matey, but via a friend who has wheelie bin people as customers, might be able to offer some advice......... let me know. Smurf, you would have to take in account what days the councils empty the bins, then theirs disposal of chemicals etc, but you prob know all this...

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks Catherine as might be worth a shot if you would like to invite them to join in on this discussion.

8. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i understand what your saying smurf ,remember theres a fair bit involved , a strong enough trailer , a good washer , a tank and filtering system , and lifting equipment for the bins so bear in mind these bits will cost a few grand

9. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Its quite a big industry Smurf, I expect there to be a few rules and regulations, disposal of chemicals etc, have a look at VIP bins franchise. If you pm me your email, I can ask one of my friends customers to mail you?

10. johnny bravo

is this because you've been cleaning the bins when you have been pressure washing for your drive cleaning

Advertisement