Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners yellow hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I have this yellow hose on both the SLX's I bought recently. I put the poles in the van after use with the hose carefully looped up and hung up out the way. When I reach the next job the hose has twisted itself up into knots. A right tangled mess to sort each time before using the pole.

Any tips on the best way to avoid this?

I have this yellow hose on both the SLX's I bought recently. I put the poles in the van after use with the hose carefully looped up and hung up out the way. When I reach the next job the hose has twisted itself up into knots. A right tangled mess to sort each time before using the pole.
Any tips on the best way to avoid this?
I'll tell you what I do. I use the pu pole hose because I like the pinch ability. It coils up like crazy. Here's how I uncoil it easily. My poles hang in hooks like this http://www.diy.com/departments/alfer-wall-hook-l175mm/256218_BQ.prd which are secured to the bulkhead. To untangle the mess I leave the pole (which is secured by the brush) in the hook and walk backwards while at the same time un twisting the mangled pole hose. It takes literally seconds to sort out :thumbsup:

Looks like I will have to get used to it then. /emoticons/smile.png

On my old poles I had streamline Lite-5 hose and that just hangs without tangling. Maybe I should look at changing over, if I can work out how to connect it to the quick release connector.

Have you tried using pu (hot water) hose SP? It does coil up, but you can shut the flow off by pinching it easily.

What problem would you have with quick release connectors do you think?

Have you tried using pu (hot water) hose SP? It does coil up, but you can shut the flow off by pinching it easily.
What problem would you have with quick release connectors do you think?
No I have not used PU hose is it a Gardiners hose?

Because the Lite-5 is thicker it may not fit the connector. I have an off cut so I will try it and see if it fits over the weekend.

Yes it's Gardiners orange hose, I've tried the aquadapter orange hose too. I found that the yellow hose would 'stick' to the inside of the pole when extending.

Aqua dapter Orange hide does it as well really does my nut it !! It's that bad I could quit cleaning windows [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to use a tough pole hose as I use hot. Other stuff I've tried when the water is turned off at the brush just blows holes in it.

Back