Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you price and clean solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HSE advise that we need 3 points of contact when working off a ladder. The only way you can safely do this is by securing the ladder with an anchor drilled into the wall and a front securing safety harness; the same as used by Sky dish installers.

Damaging a fascia isn't the issue here. The most important advice to give on this forum is to adhere to H&S guidelines regarding ladder use. As far as we are concerned, if we can't clean solar panels standing on the ground, then we refuse the job.
Totally agree if the job cannot be done from the ground then a scaffold tower or other access equipment should be used , if the customer isn’t prepared to pay for that then it’s walk away time as far as ime concerned,I won’t endanger myself, staff or the public in general to save the customer a few quid

HSE advise that we need 3 points of contact when working off a ladder. The only way you can safely do this is by securing the ladder with an anchor drilled into the wall and a front securing safety harness; the same as used by Sky dish installers.

Damaging a fascia isn't the issue here. The most important advice to give on this forum is to adhere to H&S guidelines regarding ladder use. As far as we are concerned, if we can't clean solar panels standing on the ground, then we refuse the job.
yes, I will need to find a way by securing the ladder before I climb it.

I put the flow on my controller nice & high, higher flow than normal window cleaning. Say 80 on the controller.

Stiffer the pole the better, I have the super max range up to 45ft, that can reach 80% of jobs. Remember they’re not a window, no need to rinse copious amounts of water. As long as you can’t see any bits on them, then one quick rinse along the top will do. Scrubbing is more important than rinsing on these.

I have a minimum of £40 (I did 3 panels not long ago on a house for £40) if I have to put the extension on that is. Took longer to set up & take the poles apart then clean them. On a bungalow that’s easy access and they’re frequently cleaned that can be different.

But generally around here £5 minimum a panel. If it’s a one off job I’d go more. Say 10 panels with pole extensions needed I’d go £80.00 for example.

The more dirtier they are, the more they are proportionally not as well paying. For example if they covered in moss & Lichen, I wouldn’t quote double (as in I’d feel like I’d waste my & their time in quoting so high) I wouldn’t quote double the £80 just mentioned to £160 for 10 absolutely filthy panels covered in baked on lichen. Even though they would take double the time or more.

I’d maybe just say £100, as an example.

Remember to clean the bottom rim of the bottom row of panels, doesn’t take long to do and looks so much better. Several jobs I’ve been on where someone else didn’t do that and catches your eye.

Latest Posts

Back