Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you price for commercial buildings?

koopmaster

Hi, I have a quote in the morning for my first commercial building. its 5000 feet and has windows all round. Do I charge £1 a window or just guess how long its would take me via traditional... I guess from google maps its going to take all day or even 2 days.

and would you clean them 4 weekly?
Depends on company budget most of the time. All my commercial work is "monthly" i.e 12 times a year but all my residential work is 4 or 8 weekly.

for me just luck, was cleaning a house and the owner walked passed and the last windy has quit or died. but if you want the jobs just walk in dressed nice and ask.... they can only say yes or No ... and if they say YES then great..

Just add up the time you think it will take and your expenses to cover the job, i.e. wages for staff, water costs, hiring equipment etc.

Then think of what you wan't to earn for the job itself (profit wise)

And bingo there's your answer.

James.

Use a combination of methods and cross reference them.

eg. come up with a price per window and then a price based on how long the job will take (by the sounds of it by day and not by hour)

See if you come up with a similar figure.

Consider setting up time, travel time, other expenses

Also to take in consideration is how dirty the windows are.

Ask yourself what's it worth to you to do it for - are you going to have to sacrifice doing your regular jobs? - In which case you want to make it worth your while.

Can I ask how do you go about getting this type of commercial work cheers
You get lucky sometimes - I was driving through an industrial estate and this Range Rover was following me when my phone rang and this fella said can you follow me please. I thought it was police or something but he was the owner of 2 large glass fronted factories / offices and I followed him to the buildings / quoted and he said yes straight away - which in turn led to me cleaning his house as well /emoticons/smile.png

I do a care home I picked up by dropping in a flyer at reception. A few others called me through finding us online, I guess if you are targeting these then you would just walk-in but most of mine has been people that have found me, I do plenty of small shops, which I just walked in and asked if they need a window cleaner.

Good news, I got the Job, it’s all ground floor and its inside and out. I quoted and then asked how much the last guy charged. (Kept it friendly and smiled)

I was £5 out compared to the last guy and he was last their 4 months ago so I agreed to the same price as it was a fair price.

Also organised a little extra for first clean, should take me about 3 hour to do and they open at 04:00 so I can start at 6:00 and then go to my residential customers.... /emoticons/smile.png

Good news, I got the Job, it’s all ground floor and its inside and out. I quoted and then asked how much the last guy charged. (Kept it friendly and smiled)

I was £5 out compared to the last guy and he was last their 4 months ago so I agreed to the same price as it was a fair price.

Also organised a little extra for first clean, should take me about 3 hour to do and they open at 04:00 so I can start at 6:00 and then go to my residential customers.... /emoticons/smile.png
Pleased for you Koop, good job.

James.

Back