How do you react to "smartass" type customers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Aug 21, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

e,g, customers that pay the first time but then mess about paying on the second and thereafter
    e.g. insult your appearance/timekeeping/standard of work somehow /in a bid to avoid paying or as part of a "game" they play

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Get what is due then tell them to feck off is what I would do.:D

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

i give em 3 chances to "correct" themselves - first clean second third - if he doesnt change his/her attitude then i just call or text them that im not interested to clean their windows anymore - i know it doesnt sound really polite but i dont have a good customers service skills or time

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't give any chances to smart arses even at the quote stage as will tell them straight to go do one. :rolleyes:

5. cheapncheerful

and i go full circle ..thats how i arrived here via good old google of course....first time paid straight away..second time paid straight away third time...well ....and its coming up to xmas canyoujuster.....in the end ....off to the courts...but never again..hopefully...i got my three times behind to day so i happy...although ...she wanted the insides cleaning....and i just bluffed her that i had done them...:Dget the cheque thats all that counts...but it was a very short skirt...hmmm maybe i do some overtime for the insides....

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i used to just walk, and totally ignore them on the way out.their loss and all that

but lately,and im not sure its a good thing, iv started telling them "your a f.......ing asshole"/waster /b...ch " or whatever suits the situation.

could i be prosecuted for giving the verbals ? my workers find it funny if nobody else

7. sdrah

sdrah Guest

you definitely can not be prosecuted - but what if the customer writes a sh..t review online - like google map etc ?! it doesnt worth i think

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I was waiting for you to say something like that :rofl:

9. cheapncheerful

yeh speech is still free go for it boar...i had one today...used to be every month first monday .....for about a year then...er...every other month....now after the spider invasion..and me not rushing as i am busy...can you come every month...er...maybe...:rolleyes:...well okay...if you have the signed cheque waiting....

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I think it's an age thing called grumpy old gits syndrome

Advertisement